Sunday, August 12, 2007

Birthday... Cake?

How yummy does this little number look?


That's right,
my very first,
very own
BIRTHDAY FLOWER CAKE
from my friend Heather & her husband Tom!

Was a total surprise, and I knew immediately that it was flowers because the woman who delivered it was from a local florist I know very well.
So, when I opened it in front of the masses of family members gathered around me,
my cousin in law, Paul, pipes in:
"Man, that just looks too pretty to eat!"
I kinda smirked at first cuz I thought he was joking,
but turns out he didn't know it was truly made of flowers
& was excited at the thought of getting his very own slice.
I nearly pissed my pants!
I looked at him, smiled & said:
"Paul, if you'd like you may have the very first piece, I'll even cut it for you!"

He lit up like a Christmas tree...
"REALLY?!"
(He's 38, but you'd have thought he was 12 at that moment.)

"Yes Paul, really. I can't wait to see you enjoy it!"
By now family was laughing
& he started to catch on
& I told him why...

He laughed in spite of himself,
and said that eating it was probably not the best idea after all
but that it was a very pretty cake.
I wholeheartedly agree!

THANK YOU HEATHER & TOMMY FOR ONE HELL OF A BIRTHDAY SURPRISE!
It meant alot.
=)

PS. Was THIS

necessary?
Biotch!!!!
*grin*

LOVE YOU BOTH!

No comments: