Monday, June 05, 2006

STOP...

... & PHOTOGRAPH the FLOWERS!
hee hee


Ruby & I just went for another lovely walk to the library and saw
many beautiful flowers along the way.


Lots of pretty colors, although Ruby loves 'RED, RED MOMMA, RED!"


Here's some of what makes Beverly, MA. a Beautiful place to live:










While at the library, there was a stack of 'books for sale', many just 50cents or a dollar.
I stumbled across this one book that caught my eye & had me smiling from ear to ear...


It's a collection various answers from children of all ages concerning 'love'... all aspects of it.

The following are just a few of my favorites:

Concerning How to Tell if Love is Real...

"Love is real if you and the other person stick together like peanut butter and jelly."
-Janet, age 10

On What Falling in Love Is Like...

"If falling in love is anything like learning how to spell, I don't want to do it. It takes too long."
-Glenn, age 7

Reflections On The Nature Of Love...

"Love is like a crayon because it comes in all colors."
-Janet, age 10


Confidential Opinions About Love...

"Love will find you, even if you are trying to hide from it. I been trying to hide from it since I was five, but the girls keep finding me."
-Dave, age 8

Some Surefire Ways to Make a Person Fall in Love with You...

" Tell them that you own a whole bunch of candy stores."
-Del, age 6

There's a TON more in here but those are just a few of my favorites...

If you are all in the mood for a smile or two, I suggest picking up this book & reading till your face hurts from smiling. It's wild, kids are alot smarter than we adults give them credit for.

~*~

3 comments:

Newbury Greenie said...

I'm gonna have to pick up that book - those are some great lines!

Joannah said...

Great pictures and I got a kick out of those quotes.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, the pictures are so beautiful and bright. Kacie would love to read some of the books. Thank you for sharing them with us. How was your day today with the twins? Need chocolate????
Just kidding - have a great day tomorrow.

Sherrie in HB