Monday, June 26, 2006

There's Nothing Like...


... FRESHLY GROUND PEPPER!!!

And there's nothing better than FRESHLY GROUND PEPPER when cooking!
And when it's coming from this gorgeous Handmade Exotic Wood Pepper Mill crafted by Bert Hamblin, it's EVEN BETTER!


This little beauty is located on Page 4 and is an 8" Pepper Mill #734.


It's made of four different types of wood: Maple, Beech, Mahogany and Cherry!

I know it's costly but it's an item I'll only ever buy once, and I cook ALOT and only EVER use Freshly Ground Pepper so I know it'll get used EVERY DAY in this house!

Once in a while, it's nice to treat yourself to something you not only love but will absolutely use every day & appreciate. My kitchen will be better for it.
*grin*


PS: The talented gentleman who makes these amazing Mills only started doing so three years ago. I spoke with him this morning on the phone & he was friendly & pleasant with a great attitude towards life. He suffered his second heartattack five weeks ago & is happy to be back up & working again. Hell, a guy in his 80's who is this skilled & talented who discovered his gift so late in life?
In my eyes, worth every penny!
Makes me wonder what fun things I might be able to do when/if I make it to my 80's, right? =)
Thanks again Bert, I look forward to 'Oscar' arriving here
to his permanent home, right in my kitchen!
Many wonderful meals await...

2 comments:

My Baby Ain't White said...

OMG, it looks like an Oscar statuette!

~Karen (with her $5 bastard pepper mill from Target)

Amy said...

Har Har woman, poke fun at 'Oscar' but when your ass is up here & I'm making some of the most delicious, fabulous Italian meals EVER for you to enjoy, you'll be rethinking my fantastic Pepper Mill... ;) hehehehe

*MUAH* Luv U!