Saturday, October 01, 2005

Ok so I'm crazy...

Ruby In Her Own Time...

I'm un-officially packed for China. I just finished putting the last of my things in my suitcase, both mine & Ruby's and I did what my agency said to do: When I think I've packed as little as I can pack, open up the luggage & take half out cuz I won't need it. I did that TWICE! And now I'm finally done, because quite honestly if I take one more thing out of there I'm gonna be bummin once in China. Below is pretty much what I have managed to put into one suitcase...

Amy: one pair of jeans packed one I'll wear onto the plane, 8 pairs underwear (9 if you count the pair I'll wear that day), 1 bra packed, one I'll wear on the plane, various T shirts all different colors & two fancy tops for official appointments while in China. I'll wear my Merrel's (shoes) on the plane & they're the only pair I'm bringing, 1 black bathingsuit and one black zip up hooded light cotton jacket I'll wear over.
For Ruby I have: 2 playtex bottles with brand new pack of liners(over 150 of them) & extra nipples, 2 sippy cups, 2 travel temp sensative spoons in their own little carrying case, gerber liquilyte powder packs for making by the bottle/sippy full, A TON OF THEM! ( Thanks Karen for the advice ) 2 1lb containers of soy formula with iron (pediatrician recommended) a SHITLOAD of diapers & a brand new package of wipes, 1 toasty soft blanket, 2 small toys for her to play with, gerber fruit/veggie puffs 6 containers of assorted flavors, two pairs of 12mo. jeans assorted cute tops, her OFFICIAL RED SOX JERSEY, 1 pair of shoes & 1 pair of sandals, lots of colored socks like maybe a dozen of them, 2 pairs of tights ( one heavy & one light) 2 fancy dresses for official appointments while in China, dozen white onsies, dozen cute hair ribbon clips in every color under the sun for that beautiful head of hair she's got, and three different hand knit sweaters to wear if it's chilly, they look more like cardigans & aren't over the head types, TONS of infant medication 'just in case', shampoo & 'no more tangles' spray, a comb & a brush, etc...

Carry on: a book to read, my cell phone, my glasses case, my important 'info & documents', my camcorder & accessories, outlet converter for China, pen & journal for writing in & 'mommy drugs' for MS & motion sickness, CAN'T WAIT!

I'm curious though, for those of you reading this who've already traveled, is there a weight limit to your luggage & if so, what is it & what is the cost per pound if you go over? My mother seems to think there's a 40lb limit to each persons luggage & mine currently weighs 55lbs. Christ they're gonna think I've got a dead body in there, AND KEEP IN MIND THIS IS AFTER I TOOK HALF OF IT OUT!! Everything in there I MUST bring & I'm nervous to remove one more thing from that luggage for fear of not having what I need while there. Two & a half weeks is a long time to be away from the 'comforts of home' so as long as I have 'Ruby comforts' I'll feel ok!

Anyhoo, I gotta go visit my friend & Travel mate, Ronayne to go over trip stuff so I'll post more later... any ideas as to things I may have missed or things I could do without, please by all means, FEEL FREE TO COMMENT & SHARE YOUR WISDOM! ;)

Thanks!!!!!!!

-Amy

CHINA HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: