Friday, October 14, 2005

Silence & Cake...

Ahhhhhhhh soooooo nice... my apartment is peaceful & quiet except for the sound of Ebenezer's breathing as his nose is stuffed out the bottom opening of the window. (he loves the fresh crisp fall air) My ceiling fan is on & I have a little set of wind chimes that sounds quite similar to 'pixie dust' being sprinkled everywhere, so it's just such a nice thing to be here alone & enjoy this quiet, and it just occured to me... soon, quiet will be a rare occurance. Don't get me wrong, I am SO READY for Ruby to be here with me for the rest of forever, but these moments of quiet time are going to be but a faint memory, soon to be replaced by fun loud silly times with my beautiful baby girl... stories at all hours of the night if she can't sleep, fancy dress up tea parties with me & all her stuffed animal friends, songs sung much too high, much too loud and always off key, but songs sung between mother & daughter, so they'll be perfect in every way. You know, it just occured to me that every good tea party has one key element... THE CAKE! So I just put two small white cakes into the oven to bake & will properly ice them later with icing that I will make from scratch & maybe I'll even decorate them all fancy since I have all the tools to do so & more importantly, KNOW HOW since taking that cake decorating class!!! I'll decorate one for Ruby & one for Isabella... who knows, if they come out looking adorable I'll take pics & post them here for all to see, if they come out like CRAP, I'll cut them, eat them with my tea & take a picture of my empty plate!!! hahaha All I know is pretty soon my house is going to smell AMAZING and that's a good thing! Well, I must 'off' now, I have a phone call to get to... later!

-Amy

No comments: