Saturday, November 04, 2006

The difference a year makes... *


... last year on this day,
Ebenezer was enjoying his long birthday walk around town.


This year, not so much...

... how sad my heart is today without my buddy by my side!

I miss you Ebby, always & forever!

Love,

-Momma

Happy 11th Birthday Buddy, I'm gonna sprinkle some hamburg
around your grave...
(I'm pretty sure the stray cat living under the shed will be happy to enjoy it on your behalf.)

*To all dog parents who read my blog... do me a favor today could you?
In honor of Ebenezer's birthday, give your fuzzy children an extra long, extra big hug would you? I'm here to tell you that you just never know how much time you have left with them & to cherrish every second you are blessed with their company. I miss Ebenezer like one would miss a limb. *tears*


8 comments:

Kricket said...

my youngest actually asked about our beloved dog yesterday. She had to be put down due to cancer, which was spreading throughout her body. It was on her tongue and caused her to constantly bleed from her mouth. so my youngest asks "is Jesus making the bleeding all better?" It's been several months since our dog left us and I honestly didn't think my youngest remembered her. She does, and I'm glad. She deserves to be remembered.

/hugs for you all this day.

Sandra said...

Oh hugs to you also girl. It's so hard to lose a furbaby. I'll think of you, Ruby, and sweet Ebenezer, on our walk today.

Tammy said...

Awwww. Sending you good thoughts.

I'll be sure to give my two furry babies long snuggles today.

Our Journey to Jenna Maria said...

I too feel your pain. We had to put our son Shelby down just days before leaving for China in June and I still think of him often and miss him terribly. He, like Ebeneezer, was also 11 yrs. Take comfort in all the wonderful memories you had with him....I know that's how we get by without our Shelby.

Take care,

Gigi & Jenna

Lisa and Tate said...

Hugs... I cannot even imagine life without my Mesa!! She is sleeping on the floor right at my feet. I will give her an extra LONG hug today and think of you and Eb. Kisses to the chicklet cheekos!!

dimari said...

Hi:
Im new at this blogging thing,but i know what you feeling,last november i lost my beloved Jack,i miss him everyday,no one can replace a belove one,but when you feel ready bring home another one there are so many good dogs looking for good homes and a kid needs a puppy.
take care,
dimari
journey to sarah.com

Samantha said...

So sorry for your loss! They are such a HUGE part of our lives. My fuzzy babies are getting some extra lovin today(In honor to Ebinezer)

Anonymous said...

I know how deeply you loved Ebby and how deep his loss runs. He will always be with you in spirit. Boomer is getting lots of hugs tonite - in memory of Ebby.