Saturday, November 18, 2006

Two opinionated...

... perhaps, sometimes, most always during 'GETTING DRESSED' time!

I am a jeans & T-shirt/sweater type Momma. Comfort first, cuteness later.
My daughter, originally was starting out on this same path by default but something happened once 'TWO' hit, the girl found her voice & a bunch of fabulous words including but not limited to,
"NO!"

When dressing my little doodle bug now, don't even THINK about suggesting JEANS for 'pants' because you'll get the ever popular 'NO!" followed by the 'Italian evil eye' (which she nails every time frighteningly enough) and then if after suggesting the jeans, you don't have a 'fun pants' backup option, you'll get the 'swiper' move which is to throw her arm out at you & say in a very deep, growly type 'monster' voice "GO'WAY"!
Fun huh?

So, we are now at the FUN PANTS phase of parenting a toddler.
A short cute Asian who has one very big mind of her own & on that mind?
FUN PANTS!
What are fun pants you ask?


Anything cotton & stretchy & soft with a BRIGHT COLOR OR PATTERN TO THEM!
Those, my friends, are currently the bain of my existence...
...in adult world we call those 'period' pants or 'fat' pants... or perhaps for this upcoming week only, 'thanksgiving' pants.
But 'FUN PANTS'?
I dunno about that...

In my 20's when I was going bar hoppin' every weekend with the girls to toss back half a dozen red deaths or more, I'd wear snug fitting jeans & would only deem them 'fun' if I ended up with a date by the end of the night.
(use your imagination... my mother reads the blog.)

Thus, now, jeans are just jeans (mid 30's & no more drinking has resorted to my 'fun night's being the ones I spend giggling with Ruby to the point where my sides hurt. =)
So honestly, any outfit I'm wearing becomes fun.

But my child?
WILL! HAVE! NO! PART! IN! JEANS! PERIOD!

So sad too, since I bought the most adorable pairs in China in several different sizes to last me the first few years home.
*what did you expect, china shit was CHEAP!*

So, perhaps a jean online' yard sale'? LOL
I dunno, all I know is that if my kid is this opinionated now at TWO, I'm so in trouble come teenage years.

As long as she doesn't start asking for THESE pants, I'll manage...



Man, if I had a tub... I'D HAVE CALGON TAKE MY ASS AWAY!
(if only for an hour...)
*sigh*

1 comment:

Newbury Greenie said...

You think 2's bad? Wait till she hits 3. Someone ran off with my sweet, loving daughter and stuck me with her evil twin. Every once in a while they switch 'em back for while, just to really mess with me.