Friday, February 09, 2007

In A Word: AMAZING!

Why you ask?
Two reasons...

1. I got a new nanny job today & start first thing Monday morning
~and~
2. Tonight, Ruby & I called China.
She spoke to her foster mother, & her foster mother spoke back in Chinese.
Ruby said 'Ni Hao' & her foster mother was raw with emotion.
I just let the two of them 'talk'...

...then my friend Ning who was online at the time, IMed me to say:

"Ning: she is very happy
Ning: she said that u let ruby said will remember her in heart forever"

(which I'm guessing means that my letting Ruby call her tonight to talk to her & let her hear Ruby's voice & vice versa, is something she will remember in her heart forever...)

You know, it's funny... even though I didn't understand much of what she was saying, I do know a mother's love when I hear it.
Regardless of language, or time difference, or miles between us... that woman loves my little girl, OUR little girl, and it was just amazing to hear her chatting away & Ruby holding the phone not only listening, but stopping to occasionally kiss the phone
& say "Ni Hao" and "zai jian"

Simply amazing.

God is good, we thank him for BOTH of his extraordinary blessings tonight,
we are humbled by it all.
*more details to come of the job later, I'm too spent tonight to get into it any further...
...4 kids under 5 in my house, I'm in need of some TiVo & some Zzz's.

G'NIGHT!

14 comments:

Phyllis said...

Great news!!! God is good!!! Can't wait to hear about the new job!! Hope you have a restful night's sleep!!

Yvonne said...

I am so happy for you and very relieved, as I'm sure you are. Can't wait to hear the details!

Michelle said...

Congrats on all fronts! So glad to hear things are looking up.

munchkinsmom said...

Yeehaw! Congratulations on up new job. Let us know when you get some well rested sleep after 4 little munchkins marched through. And God does hear request!!!

Sherrie

Cindy and Co. said...

Blessings are pouring in!!! Congrats on both the job and the call. Maybe it will help Ruby with the abandoment issue if she knows foster Mommy still loves her nd isn't just gone. Can't wait to hear job details.

MB said...

Congratulations that is great news.

Lois said...

I'm so happy for you and Ruby. Been praying and hoping you'd find work.
Ruby will thank you someday for keeping the connection to her foster mother. You are a treasure.

Carol said...

I am so happy for you and Ruby. Now get some ZZzzzzzzzzzz.


Carol

Kris said...

Awesome News!! So glad you got a job and that Ruby got to talk to her Foster Mom! God works in mysterious ways....

Love Ya Cuz
Kris, Andy, Steph & Jen

Unknown said...

You are right. Those are both amazing pieces of information. How wonderful for you both!

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL news. I know you are relieved....And how wonderful Ruby got to talk to her foster mother. I'm sure it was very special.

Samantha said...

Congratulations on the new Job! So sweet that she talked to her Foster mother!

Lisa said...

You are simply amazing Momma! Congrats on the job, I knew it would work out!!

Elyssium Earth said...

Is great news, you two!!