Sunday, February 11, 2007

& He Shall Be Called...

..."Baby Tom-Tom".

At least that's what Ruby's taken to calling him...

...yes, that's right, I'm referring to the newest little 'charge' in my life,
my little 4 month old friend who is due to join us in our day to day activities starting
first thing tomorrow morning!

Long story short, I found an adorable ad on CL & called expressing my interest. (Thurs)
Got a return call the very next day & met the family that night. (Fri)
They not only met myself & Ruby but they also met;
my mother, my father, my babies: Emma, Abi & Sam AND THEIR Mom Jen!
To say that my humble little apartment was filled to capacity
is an understatement to say the least!

But all's well that ends well, as before the visit was over, baby 'Tom-Tom's' father smiled & looked at me & said:
"I'm sold, you're just what we were looking for.
The job is yours if you're interested, we'd like you to start this Monday..."
(two days away & more to the point, TOMORROW!)

GOOD LORD!

Yes, I'll take the job!
Yes Ruby loves her new friend 'Baby Tom-Tom'!
Yes, they're the friendliest people ever!
Yes, it's so neat to think of having a little 4 month old friend in our midst!
YES I NOW HAVE STEADY INCOME AND CAN EXHALE...

...FINALLY!


So, our little friend will be dropped off every morning & picked up every night, Mon - Fri for a very full week, (approx 8am - 8pm) BUT, I welcome the change & the challenge.
Why?
Because it's what I do, I'm a Nanny, & two babies for that many hours is old hat to me... as I've watched upwards of 3 babies for longer than that before.

Bring on the two & BRING ON THE JOB!
Honestly, where else in the world can you do something you LOVE from the comfort of your OWN HOME for GOOD MONEY while STILL being awarded the BLESSING of BEING WITH YOUR OWN CHILD?
Find me another job like mine & we'll talk... until then?
I'm the luckiest Nanny/Momma this side of Bean Town!

Thank you to everyone who sent up a prayer on our behalf,
who sent good vibes our way,
who were more than generous in many ways
& the most important way being through their friendship!

I may not know much, but I do know this;

Ruby & I are both very lucky girls.

And on that note, I am off to get a good night's sleep, I have to get up for WORK in the am!
*smiling*

Who knew that saying that sentence would produce such a smile on my face...?

hehehehe
*wink*




11 comments:

munchkinsmom said...

Yes sir that's your baby. Congratulations and I am so happy for you. Now we can take that gloom off your head now and bring out the smile in you. Keep us posted on your new "baby Tom-Tom".

Sherrie in wet California

Elyssium Earth said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Phyllis said...

Congratulations!! The job sounds perfect!! Hope that Ruby and Baby tom-Tom have fun together growing and playing!!

Cindy and Co. said...

WWWOOOOOOOOO HHHHHOOOOOO!!!!!! How perfect could this be? Congrats again!

Unknown said...

HOORAYYYYYY!!! YIPPIEE!! Glad to here the good news! You were certainly due for break!

Lisa said...

I'm so happy for my la la girl :) That baby Tom-Tom is one lucky guy!

Capt. Kai XIII said...

I could write a 16-point thesis on how things find a way of working themselves out, but instead, i'll just leave you with a resounding:

"I told you so."

Roar

Heather said...

Hooray! So happy for all of you.

Sarah's proud Mama said...

Huge Congrats, Amy! That's awesome! What a stress relief for you!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Congrats!

Calico Sky said...

Great News!
Congratulations, very very happy for you!