Wednesday, February 07, 2007

NO.



No she isn't cute in this picture.
No she didn't just take a bath, that's soaking wet hair from her tears.
No that isn't a weird looking smile she's sharing.
No she isn't sleeping at all.
No she isn't in her OWN CRIB, but MY FUCKING BED!
No she has NO IDEA that she's up SCREAMING IN TERROR that she's:
FALLING!
SCARED!
HELP!
MOMMA!
DARK!
etc...

No it isn't easy being a SINGLE PARENT to a TODDLER w/NIGHT TERRORS !
No I still haven't found a fucking job yet which I suppose is just as well because who the hell can get up & function after LITERALLY being UP ALL NIGHT with a child who is ABSOLUTELY FUCKING CONVINCED THAT SHE'S FALLING & ABOUT TO DIE A HORRIBLE TERRIBLE DEATH OF A THOUSAND DEATHS!
No I have barely any patience left with this child tonight.
No I haven't stopped loving her, but tonight, I don't have to like her behavior.
No, I'm not happy with myself that I can't be a better parent.
No, I'm not thrilled with knowing that she's stuck with only ME as her parent.
No, I don't think it's entirely fair that she is going to be an only child of an only parent, it makes me sad.
No, I don't think life is always fair, but then again nor does anyone else I'm guessing.
No, I don't like having to give myself my shot
& immediately experience those FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS
& NOT be able to curl up in bed & attempt to sleep through them.
NO, tonight I won't rest, but rather will LIE AWAKE & PLOW THROUGH THEM AS THE SINGLE SOLDIER PARENT THAT I AM, THAT I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO BE!
No, I am not proud of myself for losing my patience with her tonight
& letting her cry it out in my bed.
No, I do NOT condone 'co-sleeping'.
No, I do NOT like breaking my OWN RULES,
but I DO need some FUCKING SLEEP AT SOME POINT,
SO WHERE DO YOU DRAW THE GOD DAMNED LINE?
NO I DON'T WANT TO GET IN THIS AWFUL HABIT OF SHARING MY BED WITH HER,
I DON'T LIKE IT ONE BIT!
No, I am not a moron, I UNDERSTAND that these NIGHT TERRORS aren't forever,
HOWEVER, I DO know that the longer I allow my own FUCKING RULES to be
BROKEN, that the HARDER IT'S GOING TO BE TO GET BACK TO SOME SEMBLANCE OF NORMALCY AROUND HERE!
No, I don't always like being a single parent.
No, I won't get any rest tonight.
No, please don't comment... just let my vent be what it is, just a vent.
No, I'm not going to rave all night, my post is done.
No, I'm not going to say goodnight, because that is clearly what I am NOT going to be having.
NO!

No comments: