Thursday, January 04, 2007

3 Little Letters...

...our alphabet is filled with 3-letter combinations just waiting to be made:

Ant
Cat
Dog
Ask
Pig
Any
Ham
Jog
Hat
Gun
Gum
Jet
Job
God
etc...

But of the thousands of 3 letter combinations,

the following is the only set that causes me to stop & take notice:

M.R.I.

Tonight at 8pm, that is what I have to look forward to.
Now, as someone living with MS. I'm no stranger to these procedures...
tonight's isn't the first & certainly won't be the last.
And if I'm being honest, (which I always am...) they really don't bother me all that much.
Sure it sucks having to lay still with nothing to do for up to & sometimes over an hour,
but it's life, & honestly it's so freaking kewl to see the photos of my brain once they're done!
*I'm a geek in that sense*

What they are looking for tonight is to see if there's been any new activity,
in other words, any new lesions.
(lesions being damage to my myelin, which is irreversible & permanent)

I have a couple from when I was first diagnosed, but really... not a big deal.
Hell it just gives me an excuse now for those times I'm an idiot... I blame it on my
'dame bramage'
hehehehe


So... I'll keep you all posted, although I suspect that I won't know of anything until a few days from now as my neurologist needs time to view the images & compare them to my previous set... but it's ok.
I'm patient.

All I know is that I'm going to be missing putting my little girl to bed,
& that, isn't a 3 letter word, but rather a 4...

CRAP!

Nonno will get the honors tonight & I know he'll do just fine, but something about missing putting my little girl down with a snuggy hug & a smoochie wooch just chaps my ass!

I can deal with the physical side effects of MS. , really I can,
but it's these little side effects, the ones that effect the daily routine of my daughter & me,
that I could do without.





5 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm thinking of you as you wait for the results. Is it wrong for me to say that Nonno could tuck me in anytime? All he has to do is speak Italian... Hee.

Yvonne said...

Will be thinking of you today - my best friend has MS - takes a weekly shot and is holding her own. 2 of her daughters have been recently diagnosed, too.

Anne said...

I hate autoimmune diseases! So frustrating. I never really talk about it, but I have lupus (SLE) and though I've not had any serious flares for a long while, it does hang over my head at times. Frustrating when the body attacks itself, isn't it? Praying that you get good results. And I know what you mean about hating to miss bedtime with Ruby... those are some of my favorite moments of every day.
Anne

Phyllis said...

Good luck today with the MRI-- hope the results are good. It's such a pain having to lie really still for so long!!
No Ruby pics today?? I need my fix!!!!

munchkinsmom said...

Gee, I am missing everything again (just got home from San Francisco). I will be praying for you and I will be thinking of you as you have your MRI test. And I hope the results are good too.

Your friend in HB