Tuesday, January 23, 2007

That which doesn't kill us...

...is supposed to make us stronger, right?

What most of you do not know is that prior to leaving for NC, I went on two separate job interviews with the local YMCA to be a teachers assistant in their infant/toddler room.
The pay wasn't much but it was a job & it was right up my alley.
1st interview was to chat with the director...
...2nd was to spend actual time with the kids, over two hours to be exact.

Phone just rang, they'd like to thank me for my interest but are going with someone else.

Se La Vie'

As of Feb 1st, my $ has run out & we'll be living on a wing & a prayer, or two.

...just keep us in your thoughts & pray that either I find a job,
or one finds me soon because now it's just getting scary.

4 comments:

Phyllis said...

Amy-- My Mom used to tell me that sometimes we have to hit 'rock bottom', so we can pull ourselves up to appreciate all the good things in life. I know times are tough right now, but they will get better. Give Ruby a huge hug-- you have one another-- no matter how bleak things seem. You are a forever family no matter what.
You're in my thoughts and prayers-- the right job just hasn't come along yet.... be patient... it IS out there!!

SI said...

Hi Amy,

I'm sorry times are tough for you right now. Have you ever searched Craigslist for nanny jobs? There always seem to be a lot of them in my area anyway. Just a thought. Good luck in your search. Any family would be lucky to have you caring for their kids.

JS

Yvonne said...

Ah, but for the geography....the Dr. my friend works for (and his wife, also a Dr.) have 2 adopted daughters - and are looking for a nanny...here outside of Chicago. How's that for a kick in the butt? Something will happen for you - and I'll keep praying that it happens sooner than later. Hang in there!

Kricket said...

I wish there was something I could do to help. We've been there - yes it is scary. You've got friends who care and are praying for you both. Any time you need to vent you feel free to use my ear, if you so wish. Take care, hun.

(again and again, it was awsome meeting you both. I have to say it would be too cool if you lived down here - the fun we all could have!! I'm just glad we were able to meet and chat. Chin up, woman. We're in your corner.)