Monday, January 29, 2007

A Love Letter: Translated...

Dear Pei Mu's Mother,

Got your letter, it was a big surprise to have it arrive from inside china. I do not have any friends or family who would send a letter, but I got the letter from your friend Ning. The first time I got the letter I was wondering 'where is this letter coming from' so I opened it & right away your daughters picture was right in front of my face and I was yelling to everyone in my family to come over & see the picture of our daughter! by that time my husband was working out on the farm & when he heard me screaming, he stopped working ,ran home & asked if a letter came from our daughter! So the whole family is so excited & so appreciative to receive the letter & the pictures they don't want to put it down, we all started to cry! We miss her so bad and we never thought we would get a letter from you with the pictures and it was so nice of you to think about sending a letter & pictures to us! For you to understand how much we miss our Pei Pei means so much! My whole family says thank you thank you & please say thank you to your friend because without your friends help we never would have had contact with you and understand how everything is going on thank you so much to bring the news about Pei Pei's new life in US now.

We are not worrying anymore because we got your letter and your pictures of Pei Pei and we know everything about her life now & we won't worry about her anymore and we know that you work taking care of children for many years and we know that you are the woman who has a big loving heart and are a wonderful Mom & Pei Pei is a lucky girl to have such a wonderful Mom & thank God for you.
Thank God you have so much love for Pei Pei & she has a happy healthy life to grow up. When Pei Pei was just born she was sent to our family for fostering and now our whole family love her just like she was our own. She is like the princess in our family even for only 14 months, we feel like it's more than 14 months, she was like our own child and those months we took care of her the best we could. We were concerned about everything about her, even when she felt a little bit unwell, we worried so much about her. When we were eating we always take turns to hold her, our whole family, so she won't be alone.
When Pei Pei was a little baby, she was smart and happy and such a lovely girl, when we get the call from the orphanage that Pei Pei was going to be adopted into a foreign family & she was leaving in a couple days, it was hard to hear. It hurt like someone just hit us in the head ,it really really hurt. We didn't know what to do, those couple days when we watched Pei Pei, how happy she was, our hearts broke and it made us cry... when we think now about those days, it's hard to remember that time. I thought about adopting Pei Pei myself, but because in our family right now we don't have enough money and the government warned us not to do that, so we could only let her go. That day when I sent Pei Pei to the orphanage, me and my husband were crying & crying, and when the people from the orphanage came and took Pei Pei away from us, I was so distraught, I collapsed on the ground & by the time my husband managed to wake me up, Pei Pei was gone already & I cried forever out on the ground and I was devastated that I will never get a chance to see my daughter Pei Pei again. I get so upset when I think about that. Other people thought about that & felt sad for me but they tried to make me feel better & told me it's best to just go home now because there is nothing more that I can do.

Up until that day, Pei Pei was the last girl we will ever foster. I am afraid it will happen again and I get too sad, I can't handle it. It's because we love Pei Pei so much, we can't handle saying goodbye to her. I have been reading your letter over and over and every time I think about Pei Pei, I would take the letter out & read it again and again. We totally understand the love you have for Pei Pei and I am so happy for Pei Pei to have you as such a good Mother. Also she plays with you well and you do anything to help her grow up to be a good girl and every person from China they all have big hearts and one day Pei Pei will grow up she will always do the same for you like you do for her. She will always love you, her wonderful Mom, We hope to keep in touch with you and one day when Pei Pei grows up, please tell her there is a Mom in China who loves her so much and tell her promise to come back to china to see the country where she was born.
In my family, I have over ten people. I have two sons, they are working doing jobs in Guangzhou. I also have a daughter who has a job in Fuzhou. My husband and I stay at home & work for the farmers & take care of our grandsons.

By now we are ok with the money stuff, we're not a rich family but it's ok. The Jiangxi province of china is not a real rich province, it's kinda poor but I believe after ten or thirteen years, Jiangxi province may be much better, not as poor. By the time Pei Pei comes to visit us in China, our province will be muh better, it's a beautiful province, you will see.

Thank you so much for the beautiful necklace that you sent. It's not problem for you to send a letter to me... could I ask you a favor, Chinese new year is coming up & my two sons they will be coming home from Guangzhou for Chinese new year, if possible that we can see pei pei on the internet, you could please call your friend & we can set up a time to put on the computer & we would like to see you on the internet. Please please say thank you to your friend Ning , thank her alot for all her help. Maybe in the future we may still need her help to contact you. Please promise me you will keep in touch.

Much love to all of you and many many hugs and kisses to our dear sweet Pei Pei!

14 comments:

Mommy & Daddy said...

Good thing I have tissues handy...that's the most wonderful thing!! You must be over the moon!

Karen said...

Speechless. A beautiful gift. Wow, wow, wow.

~Karen

Michelle said...

So happy for you! It is the most wonderful feeling. Glad you were able to work out the translation so quickly!

munchkinsmom said...

Cool! I am so glad you got this translated. I was working on hubby about getting a fax machine. I read this and now I better start mopping the flood since I started reading this. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Heather said...

Wow! What an awesome exchange. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. What a wonderful legacy of love Ruby has that is now documented and clarified. So happy for all of you.

Elyssium Earth said...

Oh man. That was just beautiful. Boy will they be surprised when they "turn on the computer" and see this kick-ass account of Ruby's life. Something wierd - my word verification to comment had "pei" in it. Strange.... .She sounds like such a beautiful woman. I hope Rubes is feelin' a lil' better re- being "stuck you" ???

Cindy and Co. said...

Let the flood begin. How beautiful and wonderful and sad at the same time. And what a lucky little lady to have so much love. I almost choked on the "see her on the internet" part though...lol. Be careful what you wish for...I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they get to this site. They sound like wonderful people and it must soothe your soul to know she was so loved and cared for.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Phyllis said...

As I wipe my tears away-- all I can say is what a lucky child to have been loved so much by 2 mothers-- her foster mom, and her forever momma!!
You are truly blessed, Ruby!!

Tulukaghogamiut said...

unbelievable. wow-- to be loved by so many, a very blessed girl that ms. ruby is! thanks for sharing such an emotional letter.

Carol said...

Holy crap are you lucky ! Even though other things are not going so well right now for you. What a wonderful letter. The info in your lettter is a dream come true. She was truly loved and still is. I am so happy for you Amy.

Unknown said...

That is absolutely amazing.

Unknown said...

WOW! Wonderful news!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us....

Amazing, you are so lucky to have that contact.

Hugs

mncfi said...

Wow - this is amazing and beautiful. The perfume of love is all through this letter - what a joy for you and for Ruby. So happy for you both.
~Fi.