Thursday, September 22, 2005

Late night conversations with a friend & 'True Love' ...

Ruby In Her Own Time...

... I love him, he knows I do, I just told him I loved him... not the 'in love with him' kind of love, not yet anyway... but the kind that makes you smile when you think of that person & just know deep down that you're blessed to have them in your life. That kind of love.
He is special to me in a way that nobody else ever has been. He fills arole for me that nobody else ever could even if they wanted to because you can't make that type of connection happen, it does because it's destined to. Just like I didn't ask to one day have MS... I just got it. Same thing, nobody asks for certain things in their life to happen, but when they do, embrace them for what they are & try your best to be a good & decent human being in the process. Because it's not what we are faced with in this life that matters, no... it's how we deal with those things that makes us who we are. My MS doesn't define me... on the contrary, it's who I've become since that diagnosis that speaks volumes & it's the reason why I know I'm going to be one hell of a mother to my beautiful little girl Ruby. Her life will be filled with many ups & downs, challenges that at the time may seem impossible to deal with, but as her mother, I'm here to not only tell her but SHOW HER that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE and just when you think you don't have anything left to give, that you can't POSSIBLY go another step, you find the strength in the deepest parts of your soul to put just one more foot in front of the other & soldier on. My girl is already a fighter, she's lived through more in her first little year of life than I have in 33. My girl is going to continue to be strong, to be brave, to know that no matter what life throws her way, she'll get through it, but once she's in my arms, I want her to know that from that day forward, she doesn't have to go through it alone... I will always be there right by her side. I love you my sweet little Pei Pei girl. Momma is counting the days till I receive TA & can get my toosh on a plane to come to China to wrap my arms around you, right where I belong!That is the most pure & wonderful form of 'TRUE LOVE' that I have ever experienced... I love my friends, I love my family, but the love I feel for Ruby is insurmountable, indescribable, incredible... and the purest of pure feelings that completely consumes me from head to toe. I am the luckiest woman alive.
G'night.
xoxoxo

ps. And to my friend... hang in there, things do get better & until they do, just look to your side & you'll find me right there next to you. *hug*



No comments: