Friday, March 24, 2006

C.I.F.A.?

'Christ, it's Friday AGAIN?'

*sigh*

Not to take anything away from those of you who LIVE for Fridays, but for those of us desperately searching for a job, the arrival of Friday is just a painful reminder that yet another week is gone without any luck whatsoever.

The worst part of this is that I found what could quite possibly be THE MOST PERFECT FAMILY EVER to Nanny for...

-BUT-

(you KNEW there was a BUT in there, don't act all surprised!)


They live quite a distance away & are looking for someone to drive to them.
Honestly those are the only two crappy points I see about them, PERIOD!

The wife (who I spoke to on the phone for well over an hour & a half practically) was SO friendly & her daughter, who is now 2, was adopted from China as well & is just as sweet as a peach she's so adorable!
Her & I are both huge believers as far as 'same page' parenting is concerned and we just got along like we had been old friends.

BUMMER!
I so sometimes hate this stupid MS... if I didn't have to give myself shots & I didn't have to live knowing that any given morning WITHOUT WARNING I could be draggin' ass & never get my shit together in time to leave this house on time to make it to someone's house.

Now, watching a child here, piece of cake cuz kids don't care if you're in your jammies still or not when they arrive, they just want to know that they'll get love & hugs & care & giggles through out the day, and that I can provide 110%!

We did decide though that we MUST get our kids together for a play date, so at the very least Ruby and I both found ourselves two wonderful new friends.

Now, what to make for dinner? hmmmmmmmm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
We are FAR from the perfect family but thank you anyway, very sweet. Just posted on the China Adoption With Love yahoo group for you - hopefully we can find you an even more perfect family!
Joely and I look forward to showing you and Ruby around Plum Island some time soon,
Alison