Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Ruby's Bracelet...


In answer to the questions I've been getting about Ruby's Bracelet... here's the scoop.
I found it on ebay LONG before I ever saw her little referral pictures... long before I was even a month into the process... but when I had just started & knew my daughter was in China.
It's a slide bangle type bracelet with two little 'bells' that hang off it.
The bracelet symbolizes good luck and long life in Chinese tradition and is usually worn by babies or toddlers.
Now although I don't remember exactly what seller I bought this from off ebay, I do know that you can find similar bracelets here at Sherry's Place in Guangzhou, China.
I frequented this place every day while in Guangzhou and really enjoyed her friendly spirit & her carefree attitude about selling. She wasn't pushy in the least and let me take my time. (probably cuz she knew I'd be back in less than 24 hours...) LOL

So although the bracelets she has aren't identical to the one I got for Miss Ruby, it's close enough & just as adorable if not MORE so since Sherry's bracelets come with chinese characters along the band!

Hope that helps... happy shopping!
(psst, Tell Sherry Ruby & I said Ni Hao!)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the info, Amy. You're the bestest!!! :o)