Friday, March 31, 2006

Humble Pie...

I am beyond humbled and touched in a way I've never been before...
I HATED putting that stupid paypal button up on the blog,
I hate having to leave it there until I'm over this mess but you all made me feel ok about it with your lovely emails full of amazing words...
each & every comment you left, left me with tears in my eyes...
and I honestly have no words for those who reached out to help Ruby & me.
Every time I log in & see that stupid thing I'm gonna feel like crap, cuz it's just a reminder of my failure to find a job, failure to provide for my daughter, failure to be the perfect 'single mom' I thought I could be...
It's why I haven't blogged in a few days, I didn't want to look at that freakin' button & probably still don't know how to articulate what I'm feeling over this whole thing, but I do know this...

This thing we call 'blogland'... these friends I've met because of this medium...

OH. MY. GOD.
You ALL are such AMAZING people, I consider myself TRULY BLESSED!
So, I'll do my best to ignore that button until such time that I can PROUDLY remove it,
and I know with friends like you all, Ruby and I will be just fine...

And speaking of Ruby, she thought that it would be nice to put a few pictures up this morning... So for everyone's viewing pleasure,
...a few Ruby originals:

Ruby: "BEEEEEAAAARRRRRRR, c'mon, hurry up!
Momma wants to take our picture..."

Ruby: "Awwww I love you pal..."
Bear: "Uh, Ruby I love you too but after this is over can I go back to setting up the tea set?
I was ALMOST DONE..."


Bear: "Finally! Now, let's get that humble pie your Momma was talking about
& have ourselves a tea party!"
Ruby: "I hope it's similar to blueberry pie, that's my favorite!"



1 comment:

Karen and Jon said...

Please, Please, Please don't let that icon represent failure to you. You are not a failure - you are a mom taking care of her child. Let that icon be a symbol of all the friends out there in this world that are pulling for you and Ruby. Let it be a reminder that you and Ruby are loved.