Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A funny thing happened...

... on the way to the blog.

Well, not funny so much as it was 'unexpected'.
I had composed a long overdue post on something tht I felt very passionate about & I was literally seconds away from hitting the 'publish' key, when *bam*- my phone rang.
I was taken aback by who was on the other end, and didn't know what to think, but was happy to hear that familiar voice again.
I waited for that phone call and I knew in my heart it would eventually come
but just didn't know when.
I find it all too funny how just when I was about to post about this person &
my thoughts on the situation, they choose that exact moment to make my phone ring.
Is that fate? Is it conincidence?
Or is it a higher power at work just coaxing us 'little people' along until we do what's right?
Making us say things our heart knew all along
but our mouths wouldn't always cooperate?
I don't know what it is, but I know I was happy to hear that voice again.
I was happy at the words that were spoken to me.
I was just happy.
I don't know what it means & honestly I don't really worry all too much about it, because in the end, even if it means nothing, yesterday- it meant everything.
And life is good...
Thank you for reaching out & saying what you did,
you'll probably never know what that meant to me, period.
Thank you for not only doing what you knew was right, but doing it even though it was clearly difficult & akward to do.
Thank you for keeping myself & Ruby in your thoughts, even if they are here & there.
Just, thank you.
You can be a fly on the wall of my life anytime you want, we're welcome to have you-
and for the record, anytime you wanna come down from that wall & come inside, you'll always be welcome here.
Always.

-Amy & Ruby Cate
(& Bear too...)

No comments: