Saturday, August 12, 2006

You know...

... despite being a shut in in my own home, feeling like crapola, looking even worse... I realized something:
This birthday is better than any birthday ever so far.
Why?

(It may have something to do with this fantastic HAT that Karen bought for me while she was visiting, I JUST LOVE IT & I'm gonna wear it EVERY YEAR on my birthday, and so will Ruby! She just doesn't know it yet... hehehe)

But on a more serious note...
This year my birthday is the best ever because:

Last year, I thought for SURE I'd have had my referral in time for my birthday, it just had to arrive as my gift.
It didn't.

Last year, I sat in my house sad & weepy for days leading up to, during, and after my birthday because all I wanted was my daughter.

Last year, I dreamed & hoped & prayed that I could close my eyes & wake up & it would be August 12th, 2006 & Ruby would be here with me.

And you know what?
It's August 12th, 2006, and Ruby is here with me, runny nose, nasty cough, beautiful smile & amazing sounding giggles & all...


... and I could NOT BE HAPPIER!

Ruby is the best thing that ever happened to me, period.


And to be able to be here, in my own little 'sick house' with my own beautiful 'sick child' who loves her very own 'sick mother', despite all the ickky things about today, the only thing that matters is that we're together.
It's kinda like a marriage... for better or for worse
(and trust me, there have been some WORSE times for sure)
and in sickness & health.

Today is our sickness, so big deal, we'll make it through, it's just bronchitis.
I've had it before, I'll have it again... only now every time I have to deal with something like this, I get to enjoy life with my daughter, my best friend- right by my side.

And isn't that just the best?!

*smile*

Ruby, Thanks for making this birthday the BEST ONE EVER BABY GIRL!
Momma loves you SO MUCH!

XoXoXoXo

1 comment:

Christi and Abbey said...

Happy Birthday and feel better!