Thursday, August 31, 2006

Practice makes (almost) perfect...

Me: "Ok Ruby, we really should practice taking that picture of you holding your special framed referral pics... "


Ruby: "Ugh, Momma do I have toooo?!"


Me: " C'mon sweetie this won't take but a minute, I'm going to do it again on your actual birthday because that's a special day to BOTH of us! You cuz it's your birthday, Me cuz it's the anniversary of the day I got 'the call' and saw your pretty face for the first time!"




Ruby: (... not paying attention to much of anything aside from trying to figure out a way to get the ladybug pin off the picture frame.)


Me: "Ok Ruby, you just hold this here ok? Just for a minute... there you go honey!"


Ruby: (at first throws her arms out to the side (her sign for 'all done') then grabs the frame, ignoring me & continues to try & remove said ladybug pin... & sadly getting better at her attempts!)
"Sure thing Momma, whatever... just don't pay any attention to the fact that I'm totally gonna swipe this pin right off this thing!"


Me: "C'mon Ruby, just hold this picture for a minute so Momma can take a pic ok?"


Ruby: "A-HA! I GOT IT!" (picture frame now ripped in the corner where the PIN used to be!)


Me: "Awww RUBY!" (carefully taking pin out of my daughter's hand so she doesn't stab herself!)



Ruby: "I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS ANYMORE!"


Me: "Ok honey, I know this isn't fun for you but Momma really wants just one cute shot of you holding your pictures... and you're even wearing your cute yellow sweatsuit which was the first outfit I ever put on you while in China..."



Ruby: "Ugh, hurry up cuz Bear and I have things we have to work on in the playroom!"


Me: "YIPPEE!! There you go Ruby! You sat still like a good girl! LOOK HOW PRETTY YOU LOOK HONEY! Awww Momma loves you baby girl!"


Ruby: "Are we done yet? Can I leave, please?..."


Ahhh, the joys of a HEADSTRONG toddler!


10 comments:

Special K said...

Love this idea. And your narrative of the pics is hilarious...

Anonymous said...

That is too cute! I have taken pictures of my girls with their referral pictures on their referral days for the past three years. This will be a great tradition for you and Ruby!

Amy said...

LOL Sandra, you're so cute, WHO DO YOU THINK I GOT THE IDEA FROM IN THE FIRST PLACE WOMAN! You ROCK! I first saw your pics of your girls with their framed referral pics & thought, " OMG SHE'S FRIGGEN BRILLIANT! I'm gonna do this EVERY YEAR!"
Now, one would assume that hopefully this can be done with the same frame, however after the events of today( pin pulling, frame tearing... etc) this may not be possible. So long as little miss Cheeks DOESN'T DESTROY IT in the meantime I think we'll be ok! Hee hee LOL

MB said...

That was the cutest thing ever.

I wished I had thought about that myself. Maybe next year.

Take care -
Michelle and Taylor

Colleen said...

Totally adorable! Just love the commentary! :-) She is the cutest little thing! Love the little sweat suit!

Jeff and Madeline said...

Looks like one of my typical photo shoots with Madeline! Too cute.

Anonymous said...

Hysterical!! Love the final picture-- so, so sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

Ruby Cate is too cute for words! :) Her hair is getting so long..and those BOWS! I l-o-v-e the referral picture idea. I will be borrowing that one for sure! Bobbi~LID 8-11-05

Anonymous said...

On Amy, you are such a wonderful Mom to do this. And you are so patient with Ruby Cate. These are great pictures to put in her lifebook.

Thank you for sharing them with us.

Sherrie in HB

Kelli said...

She is beautiful! What a great idea! I was laughing the whole time I read this post!!!