Friday, August 25, 2006

Nobody likes a rumor...


Earlier today I heard from a good friend of mine the following news...

The CCAA will no longer approve adoption applicants who:

-are older than 45
-single
-do not have some college degree
-have a history of any major illness
-have a history of any arrest
-are extremely obese
-have more than 3 children living in the home



Upon hearing this I decided to give my agency a call to give them the chance
to either confirm or deny the alligations.

I'm sad to report that they were indeed confirmed & it appears that the announcement will be made on Dec 1st of this year. I'm sad for all those wonderful single women out there who had their hearts set on China, unfortunately, unless you're already LID or are well into the paperchase with hopes of being LID on or before Dec 1st, it may not happen for you.

My heart is broken.

Not necessarily for myself, because I was pretty sure that I wasn't going to adopt again,
but it is kinda disheartening to know that the 'option' of changing my mind,
is no longer an option. It's just sad...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for relaying this news! My mind and heart is racing as well... we may be considered too old or inadequate to adopt again! It was wonderful talking to you tonight. I've been spreading the (shocking) changes.

Christi and Abbey said...

My theory is that if it changes, it can always change back! And Vietnam is open now, maybe other places will open up as well.

MB said...

My husband and I were going to start the process in January for a sister for Taylor, if this is indeed true, we won't be able to adopt as I do not have any college experience.

How sad for us.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

I think it's important to note that all agencies are responding to the rumor differently. AMy daughters are among the older girls adopted from China (in the 90's) and rumors such as this have made the rounds on a semi-regular basis (I adopted as a single mom as well).