Wednesday, August 16, 2006

This morning, I woke up to:


Ruby in her crib shaking her maracas with a fierceness & giggling, gotta love that monitor, who needs an alarm clock-
A toothache that hurts like hell-
Both my arms nearly completely numb but as I got up & walked around,
they started coming back slowly pins & needles style-
Birds chirping outside my window-
The sun shining-
A horrendous cough I STILL can't shake-
Feelings of indifference & frusteration on a personal matter-
The realization that some books were meant to be closed permanantly,
even if you original intention was to read it out in it's entirety & find the happy ending-
A chapped bottom lip, don't ask, I don't know why-
My cell phone beeping that I had two voicemails-
Four emails, two from friends, one from family & one other-
Leftover italian risotto in my fridge, mmm yummy-
And just now, thoughts of a good friend of mine that made me smile, so very very happy for her... it's her turn-

Now, time to go make breakfast...
Oh, and what are some of the things you all woke up to this morning?
Thankfully for me, it wasn't that pesky alarm beeping in my ear pushing me to the point of grabbing it & CHUCKING IT HALF WAY ACROSS THE ROOM! lol
(hate that damn thing...)




4 comments:

My Baby Ain't White said...

And I awoke to a good night's dream about Mr. Jude Law.

Ba Ha Ha!

~Karen

Amy said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA YOU KILL ME! HEHEHEHEHE
Gotta love 'THE MAN' heheheh *grin*

Shannon said...

My dog Bernie always kisses me-kissing bandit style- when the alarm goes off. At least she doesn't seem to be thrown by 'morning breath! Or maybe that's why she kisses & runs!!

Miss_Deidre said...

I awoke to my kitty purring in my hear like a diesel stuck in 2nd gear on a hill in downtown San Francisco ... then the dogs pounced and that was all she wrote ... the cat ran for her life, the dogs proceeded to stick thier cold noses against my face and Melissa elbowed me in the head ...

I hate work mornings ...