Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Life before Ruby...

... it's hard to imagine my life without my beautiful little girl in it, but oddly enough there was a time before she brightened my world with her smile.

It's funny how something as obscure as an email can bring old memories rushing back as if they happened only yesterday.
This morning, I received a 'virtual kiss' from someone on a dating site that I had joined that was specifically for singles & their animal friends.
I had COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN that I had made a profile for that site a couple years ago.
So, curious to see what it was I had written... I pulled up the old profile & this is what I read:


I am a:




single 34 yr old woman
located in:

Hamilton Massachusetts United States
my ethnicity:

caucasian

religion:

spiritual
I have:

blue eyes

hair:

black
body type:

cuddly

have (human) kids:

0
food:

chocolate diet

drinking:

non drinker
smoking:

no smoking at all

star sign:

no answer
height:

5'2''-5'6'' (157cm-169cm)
occupation:

self-employed
education:

some college
languages:

english (fluent), italian (some)
sports and exercise:

sailing/boating/windsurfing

swimming
walking/hiking/camping

water sports
weights/machines

yoga/meditation
my interests:

arts/crafts

astrology/new age
bird watching

cards/boardgames
computers/internet

cooking
dining out

diy
gardening/landscaping

movies/cinema/videos/tv
museums/galleries/art

music - rock
nature

shopping/antiques
video games

watching sports
more about me:

I'm a single girl in my early 30's and my best friend in the world is my 8 year old English Cocker Spaniel Ebenezer. Did I mention he's handsome? =) I am one of those silly people who loves my dog more than myself I think and anything I can do that can include him is something worth doing. =) I work as a professional Nanny and love my job as well. Unfortunately working close to 55 hours a week doesn't lend Ebby and I much free time to get out & meet others & their pals as well. I would just love to find some people who are local to me within reason to get together to let the dogs play or go for a walk or maybe even just head over to PETCO together for an afternoon. If you're interested, I'd love to hear from you! =)

About My Pet(s)

Pet(s):

dog
Name(s):

Ebenezer
low down on my
pet(s):

Ebenezer, or Ebby as I lovingly call him, is an 8 year old AKC English Cocker who is just as handsome as can be. He's red with big beautiful brown eyes and a fantastic disposition. He's amazing around children because my work as a professional Nanny has afforded me the luxury of raising him in their company so he loves them to pieces & is very gentle & sweet!
my pet(s) would
describe me as:

If Ebby could talk he'd say I was the best Momma in the world. He is spoiled beyond belief and I always make sure that he gets whatever it is his little heart desires. He might say that he wished that we had more 'friends with doggies' though, thus, why we're here! =) Are you that new friend we've been waiting for?

About My Date


I am a woman seeking a man age 30 to 37
for:

activity partner

casual dates
friendship

relationship
romance

my ideal date:

Someone with a great sense of humor who is honest & confident and comfortable in their own skin without being too cocky. A non smoker who enjoys the simple things life has to offer & includes their best friend every step of the way.

About My Pet's Date

My pet(s) is seeking a:

dog
for:

casual

hanging out in the park/beach
long walks

roll in the hay/grass
romance

treat and a conversation
my pet's ideal date:

Ebenezer loves to meet other friendly dogs to hang out with and enjoy the outdoors with. He is very good at sharing his cookies and water bowl and will even let you enjoy a scratch or two from his Momma, but just remember that she's his. He loves going for very long crazy walks to leave his mark on EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING in sight, which means ten million stops along the way, turning what would otherwise be a 5 minute walk around the block into an EVENT WORTHY OF AN ENTIRE AFTERNOON AND SEVERAL WATER BOTTLES!

Reading that brought back so many memories of my beautiful boy... it made me smile from ear to ear & filled my eyes with loving tears for the loss of my best friend.
He truly was my soul mate, he just was alot shorter & fuzzier than I had imagined he'd be.
;)
And now Ruby's home with me & she is my soul mate for life... I know she wouldn't mind sharing that spot with mister Ebby, she still walks around the house, sees pictures of him & throws her head back in true Ebby style & howls in his honor.
Two soulmates in one lifetime? I'd say I'm pretty damn lucky!
I love you both SO MUCH Ruby & Ebenezer, always & forever.


*Oh, and I didn't respond to the gentleman who sent me the virtual kiss...
I just didn't have the heart to tell him that my fuzzy friend wasn't with me anymore.
*sigh*
=*(

1 comment:

Abby's Mom said...

Hi Amy, A while back You had posted that you were going to post some pictures of Ruby and Gwen (If her Mommy approved.) I used to follow Gwens blog before it was pasworded so I was hoping she had said yes so I could see how she had grown?

Just wondering :) Jenny