Wednesday, August 09, 2006

WE MISS YOU KAREN & GWEN!!!

Well, a wonderful time was had by ALL! These past few days were fantastic with Karen & Gwen visiting our little corner of the world. Not only was it great to spend days & night with them both but it was a blast to show them a few of my most favorite 'special' spots around the north shore.
She tried the popcorn from Salem Willows and ATE MORE POPCORN THAN I'VE SEEN ANY HUMAN CONSUME IN A SINGLE SITTING, NO LIE!
She had several of 'Bert's Horrible Cookies' from Gourmet Fare located in Salem's Historic Pickering Warf.
We went to Salem Beer Works, but uh... don't ask about that night, aside from delicious sour cream & chive fries and us knowing that we were happy to be there together, our two short counterparts were LESS than excited & SHOWED IT.
*not so much fun if ya know what I mean*

My Family ABSOLUTELY ADORES THEM BOTH & can't wait till they visit again soon! Especially Nonno who is happy knowing that little miss Gwen not only warmed up to him finally, but was just plain SILLY & GIDDY with him & they rolled around together on the floor & laughed & laughed & laughed!
It was really sweet to see.

I know that my mother must have a ton of pictures from their visit but I need to first A. see them for myself since I haven't seen a one yet, and B. send them to Karen and THEN & ONLY THEN can I share on the blog. Only with Karen's prior permission of course.

To say that my house is too quiet right now is an understatement.
It just feels a little empty tonight. It's wonderful to have friends visit but it's tough to see them go, that's for sure.
Karen & Gwen, thank you BOTH SO MUCH for coming to spend some quality time up here in Bean Town with me & Ruby Rubes... we loved EVERY MINUTE OF IT!

*hugs*

-Amy & Ruby Cate

ps: Bear sends his love to Bunny... XoXoXo ;)



2 comments:

Redheaded Chick said...

I am glad you and Ruby had such a good time, and I am sorry to have missed everyone at Rebecca's. And although a million people have already said it, your new picture on the banner is beautiful!

Just Us Girls said...

Glad you all had so much fun!! Wish I could have been there with you also.

I love the photo of you and Ruby on the homepage..ADORABLE!

Carrie