Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Calm before the STORM... *UPDATES ALL DAY* AND NIGHT!! IT'S STILL SNOWING!!!!!!!!!

*7:15pm* YES IT'S STILL SNOWING!!! (Scroll down for the newest pics...)

This is my neighborhood...
*8:ooam Sunday Morning Feb 12th, 2006*

*9:45am* Plows are out full force, this bastard slammed the sidewalk across the street & it sounded like someone's HOUSE was COMING DOWN! Thanks guy, NOT! *UGH*
*2:00pm* Visibility is almost ZERO!
*4:00pm* STILL SNOWING!!
*7:15pm* My father is out attempting to make a dent in this stuff with the snowblower... GOOD LUCK DAD! It's pretty calm right now...
*8:ooam Sunday Morning Feb 12th, 2006**9:45am*
You can see that the weather conditions are getting worse & the visibility is really poor at this point & we're barely a 1/3 of the way INTO THIS STORM! Gotta love New England !!!
*2:00pm* Wind chill is BELOW ZERO !
*4:00pm* Neighbor's daughter comes over to attempt to clean off her parent's front porch in case of any emergencies... *7:15pm* See how DEEP THE SNOW IS & IT'S NOT EVEN OVER YET!!!But if the weathermen are correct, in less than 12 hours from now...*8:ooam Sunday Morning Feb 12th, 2006**9:45am*
Man is my neighbor PSYCHED that my father owns a SNOWBLOWER! This entire area is our combined driveway space, it's pretty big & I , for one would NOT want to tackle it with just a shovel! THANKS DAD!
*2:00pm* Wind is whipping SO FAST THAT IT STINGS MY FACE EVERY TIME I OPEN THE WINDOW TO TAKE THESE SHOTS FOR YOU ALL! (you're welcome by the way) LOL

*4:00pm* Seriously, is this snow EVER GOING TO STOP???
*7:15pm* Yep, IT'S STILL FRIGGEN SNOWING AND MY Dad is out there attempting in vain to move all the white stuff... God bless his little heart!
We'll be hit with what they're calling the Blizzard of 06'...*8:ooam Sunday Morning Feb 12th, 2006**9:45am*
The snow is apparently very light & fluffy but all that means is that the more the wind picks up & trust me, it's gonna get worse, the easier it is for this stuff to just be BLOWN AROUND EVERYWHERE & things are bound to get burried completely! OH, IT'S GONNA GET FUN AROUND HERE OVER THE COURSE OF THE DAY! hehehe
*2:00pm* It's getting darker by the hour...
*4:00pm* I wonder if it doesn't stop for another several hours if the'll be school for the next few days... highly doubtful! (you kids in CA jealous yet?) LOL
*7:15pm* Ever see a WALL OF SNOW?
Well, take a good look, anyone wanna come over for one hell of a SNOWBALL FIGHT?@$@$%#$% hehehe >=)~ And all that you see here...

*8:ooam Sunday Morning Feb 12th, 2006*
*9:45am* (note the snow creeping up higher on the tires of my car!)
*2:00pm* Hmmm... I think my car is going to eventually DISSAPPEAR!
*4:oopm* Anyone want a REALLY WHITE 96' VW? lol ;) You gotta DIG IT OUT YOURSELF! hehehe
*7:15pm* STILL SNOWING & NOW MY CAR IS PRETTY MUCH LOOKIN LIKE A SHOE BOX! hahaha LOL
Will look ALOT whiter! (except my car I guess...) LOL
Ok... so I was WRONG about my car, it actually CAN get more WHITE! hehehe


GOTTA LOVE WINTER IN NEW ENGLAND!
(This storm is predicted to dump nearly two feet on us, so far, I'm guessing it's a couple inches at least but it's about to get uglier for sure!
I will update these photos throughout the day, so keep checking back every few hours to see my neighborhood transformation!)

Bonus Pix:

This is the snow slowly creeping up my window screen... you can see how much we've already gotten!!
It's pretty amazing how something as simple as snow falling can make for the most BEAUTIFUL SHOTS! *grin*
You'd never know it to look at these pictures but inside my cozy bedroom it's nice & warm & toasty but I know it's barely ZERO DEGREES outside so I feel sad for the bird's who are STUCK OUT IN THE COLD!!!
Maybe I'll go throw some bread out to them... =) Ruby loves to feed the birdies!
MORE PICS LATER!!!

IT'S STILL SNOWING!@#$%#$ CAN YOU EVEN?@#%$^$ My poor father is out there right now with the snow blower BUT IT'S PROBABLY A LOST CAUSE CUZ IN THE MORNING ALL THIS WORK WILL HAVE BEEN FOR NOT BECAUSE THE WIND IS STILL INSANE & THE SNOW IS STILL COMING DOWN~!
Maybe I'll make him a nice steaming cup of tea for when he comes in!
Seriously, CHECK THESE PICS OUT!!:

=)

Well, that's all the pictures I can take for now, as you can see it's kinda tough taking shots at night, especially from outside my bedroom window LOL I did my best thought & hope you all enjoyed the show, unfortunately for me it's not nearly close to being over...

I'll take more pics tomorrow & call it "THE AFTERMATH..."

=) G'NIGHT ALL!
I got a date with some bedtime stories & one very cute & cuddly little girl. =)

-Amy

8 comments:

Miss_Deidre said...

I miss home

Love to you and Ruby

MUAH

Deidre
http://www.lostbostonian.blogspot.com

I'm back to blogging ... Still isn't going to be anywhere NEAR PG rated ... but I'm back

Chriswab said...

Nice pics !!!

Eliza2006 said...

I love a good winter storm! Nice pics!!!

Tiffany

Just Us Girls said...

We are now getting the same storm here in New Brunswick, Canada.

It sure is nasty out. Enjoy your day inside staying warm..

Carrie

M3 said...

Wow, that is some storm you're having lady!!!!! Thanks for the pictures (see, you're appreciated). It's hard to picture that things like that are going on in other parts of the country while the sun is heating it up over here. Love the contrast. Oh, and love your neighborhood, by the way. It's awesome.

Stay inside and stay warm!

OziMum said...

O.M.G! It never snows here. So you're photo's really freaked me out!!! You live in a gorgeous neighbourhood. Looks just like the movies!!! (ha ha ha! shallow, naieve Australian talking!)
Stoke up that fire!
Lee-Anne

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy and Ruby Cate,
I hope you still have power. If not I hope you are keeping warm.
What great pictures. We only get rain and wind in Washington State and when we do get snow, 2 inches is a disatar. (schools are closed or running two hours late) I hope you get out to play a little.

Kris said...

Yeah, I hear ya there. Andy just came in after being out there for 2 hours! We got about a foot and a half but I think it has now stopped. Man, I hate this stuff!!!