Monday, February 20, 2006

A girl & her doll... (or in my case... DOLLS!)


Yes, it's true, I'm nearly 34 years old & I STILL PLAY WITH DOLLS! (I have over 40 Cabbage Patch Kids still in mint condition from the early 80's all in a doll case in Ruby's playroom...)
Each day Ruby plays in there & really doesn't give that huge monstrosity a second thought...
... each day that is, until today.

Today, my little girl realized that, hey... there's 'babies' in there, "Momma, pick me up so I can see them better, could ya?"
So I did... and she pointed & smiled & laughed & then, had a 'lightbulb' moment.

All these months since she's been my daughter (3 months TODAY!) she's been happy & silly & giggled & played with everything in sight, everything that is except her VERY OWN Cabbage Patch Kid that I purchased for her even before I ever got her Referral photos... Ruby's first CPK! (It had to be done...)

She's been sitting forever in the corner of her room in a little white 'doll' high chair & she's been patiently waiting, quietly watching & wondering when her 'mommy' would notice her & come get her.

Well little miss "Julia Stella (born Sept 6th, 2004, one day before my Ruby)... wait no more my sweet little doll, your Mommy has finally found you & from the looks of things, won't ever let you go.




Two beautiful little asian girls, each one a 'doll' in her own right, both find love & acceptance in the arms of an adoptive parent...
It's a special day for sure.


Goodnight everyone...

Zzzzz

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The picture of her kissing the baby is SO sweet!! :)
Maryann
P.S. I can't believe you have all those CPK's!!!!!!

M3 said...

Aw, that is so sweet! She is too cute. And all those dolls? Man I can't believe you have that many!!!

Tammy said...

Miss Ruby's profile looks like her baby doll. Sweet marshmallow cheeks.

Too cute!
Tammy

Carrie said...

We ended up with TWO asian cabbage patch babies after Christmas this year. My mom ordered one online and was expecting her to have pigtails that stuck up since that is what the one in the picture had (Duh mom, they are all different). When she didn't get what she wanted she called and complained and they sent her another one for free, so now we have two little cuties for Annika to love.

Debra Sue said...

Well, if you ever get hard up for cash, Ebay is a callin' for those CPKs! Amy you're a nut! To me, all those babies were a precursor to your future as a nanny and a mommy.
Ruby looks adorable - as usual!
Deb