Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The In's & Out's of Belly Buttons...


Most people have a clear cut way of defining their belly buttons... typically it's either an 'innie' or an 'outie'...

Right?

Well, it's funny, this morning as my beautiful girl was splashing up a storm in her bath & getting her Momma SOAKED TO THE CORE, I happened to pay more attention to her belly button than usual & I realized that my girl has neither an innie or an outie... it's more of an
'in & out'ie'...

It's both in and out so does that make her special? Perhaps it qualifies her as a future Genius of the world or maybe the first female president?

Who knows... maybe it's just a cute belly button...
but one thing I DO know, is that belly button belongs to my precious daughter, and her very special, very much loved & never forgotten Birth Mother gave her,
that very unique very funny little belly button.

Without her birth mother, Ruby wouldn't be here,
and neither would her adorable little button.

It got me thinking too, does her Birth Mother KNOW that she is loved in the world? Does she know how much my heart LEAPS FROM MY CHEST every morning when I creep into her bedroom to find her peeking over the edge of her crib at me with that big cheezy priceless toothy grin of hers?

That her giggle brings shivvers of joy to my entire body and happiness down to the deepest core of me?

Does she know that her child is the BIGGEST & MOST AMAZING GIFT that This Single Mother has ever had the fortune of receiving?

I hope so... because I would hate to think that she is living the rest of her life sad for the brave decision she made on that dark Sept night back a year & a half ago...

... the night she laid her precious 2 day old baby girl down in front of an emergency help center in the dead of night & left with tears in her eyes knowing that she had no other choice but to give her up to fate.

Well, fate worked in everyone's favor Birth Mother... thank you for your selfless gift of life to my Daughter when there were so many other options you could've chosen, you chose life.

Thank you for the gift of a Daughter to a Woman who wanted nothing more in this world than to be a Mother herself....
Your choice to have Ruby & give her up to Fate coupled with My choice to adopt led to our adorable little family of two... and man am I the LUCKIEST WOMAN ON EARTH!

...Ruby and I both THANK YOU SO MUCH!

We are both SO BLESSED to have each other and every night, when saying our prayers before bed, we ALWAYS remember you... with a little tear in our eyes... you will ALWAYS be remembered by this american family.


Hmmm... all that from a sweet little funny belly button, isn't life amazing?

*teary eyed* gotta get a tissue now damnit!

1 comment:

Christi and Abbey said...

What deep, heartfelt sentiment! It's amazing how an awful thing can be transformed into a wonderful thing : )