Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Music & Treats make for a VERY GOOD MORNING!

So, a few days ago my good friend Krista mentioned to me that our local Great Harvest Bread Co. not only has the most SINFULLY DELICIOUS BREADS & TREATS ON THE PLANET, but also has music for the kids every Wed & Fri mornings from 10am to 10:30am. A local musician named Brian Doser comes & plays accoustic guitar & sings for the kids and as you can imagine, the kids go NUTS!

You don't have to pay to get in & enjoy the music & fun but they do ask that you buy a little something while there, whether it be a coffee or a muffin or whater. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? OF COURSE I'M GONNA BUY SOMETHING, I WALK INTO THIS PLACE & AM NEARLY BOWLED OVER BY THE FANTASTIC SMELL OF FRESHLY BAKED BREADS & ROLLS & MUFFINS & CAKES ETC... IT'S A RECOVERING FAT GIRL'S PARADISE!
*Ok Amy, breath in, breath out...*

Ok, I'm kewl now... so, back to my story...

I go in, & buy a cinnamon chip loaf & a seperate piece for little miss Ruby to snack on. We then grab the diaper bag, our good friend Bear and our water sippies, and we wait.
Moments later, in comes Brian with his guitar & the FUN BEGINS!
Ruby was a little overwhelmed at first with all the kids & the noise but once she realized that "HEY, IT'S MUSIC AND I LOVE MUSIC," she was GOOD TO GO! ;)



The first song he played was the theme song to Peep and the Big Wide World, which was GREAT FOR ME SINCE I KNOW ALL THE WORDS!!!
(sad but true)


ALL the kids jumped up & started dancing, it was adorable to watch...


Well, maybe not 'all' the kids...


Hmm, ok maybe this 'dancing' stuff isn't so bad, I could do that... they look like they're having fun, c'mon Bear, let's give this a try.


Check me out! All by myself on the dance floor with Bear!!
(psst, I'm officially WALKING now...)


Brian was GREAT with the kids!! (This Momma was impressed to say the least!)



After all the dancing & fun, we headed home but not before stopping by Nonno's work to give him a much needed SURPRISE RUBY KISS which he HAPPILY accepted, and then stole SEVERAL DOZEN MORE! ;)


Ah... then it was home for lunch & right after lunch & a diaper change, Bear & little miss Ruby were ready for a nap. God bless the PLAY PEN & NOGGIN on tv!


Within minutes both Ruby and Bear were sound asleep & snoring...

Shh... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: