Thursday, February 16, 2006

OUT with the old & IN with the new!!!

This is Ruby's old chair, her 1st "princess chair" that I bought for her at TARGET!
*love that store*
This chair wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I bought it, HOWEVER...
it was a short kid's chair, soft enough to not be a danger to her & cute enough to be worthy
of being RUBY'S CHAIR! *grin*
It's pink & shiny & even had a little purple 'silk skirt' around the front, but it was the only chair in the kids section that day so it's not like I had alot of options... so I just went with it.


Ruby liked it but seemed frusterated at times that she 'slid out of it' so easily, as it was silky nylon type material that let her cute toosh just slip right off it at the slightest movement.
Not exactly the chair I had envisioned... but it'll do for now, right?


WRONG! Meet, THE NEW PRINCESS CHAIR! (Now, I call it the princess chair, not because I'm one of those' cheezy parents' who actually calls my daugher my 'princess' cuz I'm not, I typically call her my 'doodle bug' or my 'snickerdoodle' or my 'pal' and/or 'buddy'. I actually am calling the chair the 'princess chair' because believe it or not, it truly came from a line they're calling "the Princess collection", yeah yeah, I know... cheezy but cute.)
Ruby & I are a team, we're best friends... and although she's cute & feminine looking, she's one tough cookie, make no mistake! (if my father has his way she'll be playing center forward in soccer sooner, rather than later!)


So I was at Target again yesterday with my friend Steve and literally they had JUST ONE CHAIR, (again, what's with the 'only one chair' bit? do they think that there's only one kid in all of MA who needs a soft toasty chair to call their own?... C'MON TARGET, BE TEAM PLAYERS!) ANYWAY, so I see this chair & it's EXACTLY WHAT I HAD PICTURED INITIALLY BUT WAS UNABLE TO FIND!!!! I WAS IN HEAVEN!!!!!! THIS WAS THE CHAIR!!!!!!!!!!
It's SOFT!
It's FUZZY!!
It's STURDY!!!
It doesn't tip over if she sits in it too hard!!!!
It doesn't cause her to SLIP OFF CUZ OF THE SMOOTH FABRIC, NO WAY, THIS BAD BOY HUGS MY BABY'S CUTE BOTTOM WITH LOTS OF LOVE & CARE THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!
IT'S PERFECT,
IT'S RUBY'S CHAIR!!!!!


So, I bought the NEW CHAIR & brought the OLD ONE back & returned it for a store credit & RUBY LOVES THIS NEW CHAIR SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT OLD STUPID ONE!
She loves to sit in it & read her books, or cuddle with Bear or watch Jacks Big Music Show in it, it's her thinking chair, her let's get silly chair, her kick back & relax chair, it's THE CHAIR!
And this Momma COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!
(also was great that I managed not to lose any money in this whole fiasco... Target is really great about 'no questions asked' type deal, they just issue you store credit if you're not happy, well THAT WORKED JUST FINE FOR ME!)
So, Out with the OLD & in with the NEW!
Ruby, Momma loves you so much and I'm SO HAPPY that you LOVE YOUR NEW CHAIR!
*BIG HUGS*

3 comments:

Just Us Girls said...

I love, love, love the new princess chair you bought her. It is adorable!!

Carrie

Christi and Abbey said...

That's great! And we can learn vicariously through your shopping what works and what doesn't.

Unknown said...

Very cool new Princess chair, much better than the old one!!