Monday, February 06, 2006

Super 'SICK' Sunday... *sigh*


Ok, so yesterday was Superbowl Sunday & both Ruby & I were very sick & kept ourselves locked in the house... so needless to say, we didn't do much else besides curl up in balls together & pray that it be over soon.

Congratulations to the Steelers Fans on your team's victory! (Yeah Thia!!! Maybe it was you wearing your uniform that got your team all the way to the end kiddo, you're their good luck charm!)

I am kinda sad for the Seahawks fans though, their first Superbowl ever & no victory, let's just say that being a Red Sox fan, I kinda know how it feels to have your team get SO CLOSE and not win it all. There's always next year!

(psst, that photo was from Saturday when we went to my cousin Robin's 30th birthday party. Although I really DO NOT LIKE BALLOONS ANYWHERE NEAR CHILDREN, I let Ruby play for the sake of the picture but they just creep me out as my mother knew someone years ago, about Ruby's age, who bit on a balloon & a small piece of rubber went shooting down his throat & he ended up a vegetable in the hospital till the age of 14, when he finally passed... ALL BECAUSE OF A BALLOON! No thanks... that's your one picture kiddo, after that, no more balloons, unless they're the mylar kind, those are ok...)

Ruby & I are going to go take naps now, we're still pretty sick.
Have a wonderful Monday everyone!

5 comments:

Donna said...

I've heard of that problem with balloons. Also watch out for toasted marshmallows...a child can inhale them and suffocate. I don't want any harm to come to little Miss Cheeks.

Donna :)

Kim said...

Yikes, sorry you guys are sick! Rest up and get well soon!

Tammy said...

AHHH, the joys of motherhood - every germ that she gets is a two for one deal - you can be sure to get it too.

Rest up - hope your at 100% soon!
Tammy

Amy said...

Yes, it's not only the joys of motherhood but honestly, the joys of 'nannying' too LOL. I've been getting sick like this for YEARS, long before Ruby was a part of the picture, and truth be told, this time was me getting sick first & she caught it from me. LOL ( I got it from my babies that I watched last week... it's fun fun fun! ) LOL

Lisa and Tate said...

Sorry you guys are sick!!! Ruby was so great at doing the touchdown thing... and she didn't even get to use it for the big game.... Drink a cup a tea with lemon and honey!!!!

Lisa