Monday, August 15, 2005

8-15-05

Ruby In Her Own Time...

You know, there's a reason why I'm still a SINGLE WOMAN... because it honestly doesn't matter how old I get or how much I think people have changed ( people meaning MEN)... the truth is, the only thing that changes is the date on the calender. Men still lie, women still get hurt & the only person you can TRULY always rely on, is YOURSELF! If I teach Ruby NOTHING ELSE, I'll be damned sure she grows up knowing that she is a STRONG WOMAN and she doesn't NEED a man EVER to be happy! It would be nice if she found one & that would be wonderful & I'll be happy for her, but if she should find herself 33 & still single, as long as she has a job she loves & family and friends who not only love her but are there regardless of lifes ups & downs, I'd consider her to be the luckiest woman on the planet! And I'd also consider myself to have done a good job as her Mother.

That's all for tonight, my brain hurts...off to bed!

-Amy

No comments: