Thursday, August 25, 2005

8-25-05

Ruby In Her Own Time...

Today I met a new guy on American Singles... his name is Nick, he's 26 & from Quincy. Very handsome, very sweet & wonderful personality & voice. Spent quite a bit of time tonight on the phone together and he asked me out for lunch tomorrow so we'll see how it goes. I've touched up my haircolor so the black is shiny & new and I have a cute black silk top I'm going to wear with jeans. I'm sure that we'll have fun together, already we get along great on the phone, we watched most of the Red Sox game together while on our cell's ( we both have verizon so we're 'IN'... which is excellent~!) In one day I know his favorite ice cream, favorite food to eat, favorite food to cook, favorite month, favorite color & number... fav radio station etc... in other words, we didn't just sit on the phone & say things like " so... um... well...' we had actual conversations about real things & spent most of the time getting to know each other through questions, silly though they may have been, isn't that the way that 'getting to know you' gets off to a good start? Communication is KEY and so far, so good~! =)
It's nice to know that within a day, I can meet someone, get along with them, 'CLICK' to the point of arranging a date & meeting the very next day. It's refreshing to say the least. It's still completely early but I'll keep everyone posted on how it's going. He barely knows me but he still managed to text me 'goodnight' and then even said it on the phone after. What a change of pace from the recent norm. I guess sometimes prayers DO get answered...
G'night all, more tomorrow.

-Amy

2 comments:

Shannon said...

You have to keep me posted on how it goes. i've been toying with signing up with Perfect Match.com, but i just can't seem to make myself do it. i had a bad experience with a guy i met last year from eharmony. started off great, then he got WEIRD. like WAY WEIRD. anyway...I'll keep my fingers crossed your date tomorrow goes great!

Amy said...

LOL Shannon, funny you should mention eHarmony, remember that conversation we just had last night? THAT GUY was from eHarmony too & I will NEVER join that site again. A. too expensive & B. he was just about THE BIGGEST JERK I'VE EVER MET!!! Save your money! =)

-Amy