Wednesday, August 17, 2005

8-17-05

Ruby In Her Own Time...

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO my camcorder arrived today!!!!! A fabulous birthday gift from my brother Adam!!! It's a Sony Handycam, IT'S THE SMALLEST THING EVER! I have it charging & am reading the instructions once over & then once more before I even attempt to play with it! IT ROCKS!!!!!! I am hopefully going to record the moment that I get 'THE CALL' from my agency telling me that they're looking at Ruby's face & tell me how old she is, where she was found, what her name is, what province she's from & what orphanage she's at! OMG IT'S SO CLOSE IT'S JUST UNREAL!!!!!!!!!! My friend Karen recorded her moment when she got 'THE CALL' and the poor girl was DRIVING IN HER CAR HOLDING BOTH THE CAMERA & HER CELL PHONE! ( Look up multi-tasker in the dictionary & THERE'S HER PICTURE! GO KAREN GO!!!) So, assuming that my 'CALL' comes next week I should be all set to tape the moment & keep it forever so I can one day share it with Ruby! =) With my luck it'll be on monday when I'm out in the pool with all my friends enjoying a 'girl's day of sun & swimming' !! Then we're going out that night to dinner with my friend Erik & I'm going to bring not only my cell phone with me but my CAMCORDER AS WELL! That thing is going to be GLUED TO MY SIDE NOW EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY SO THAT I WILL NOT MISS THE MOMENT WHEN THE CALL COMES!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a nut job! A good friend of mine keeps telling me to 'be patient' and that I'm not patient enough but, in all fairness Teruo, I've waited over a year & a HALF for this call, I think I'm allowed to be a little jittery at this point! =) HOLY CRAP I'M ABOUT TO BECOME A MOTHER!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I may FAINT! *thud*

OUCH THAT HURT!!!!!! ;)

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO RUBY MOMMA CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR PRECIOUS FACE BABY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST KNOW YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL BEYOND WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

My Baby Ain't White said...

No fainting!! Also, I wouldn't recommend driving while videotaping yourself either!! HA! Go ahead, girl, be neurotic...who am I to judge? Please..I just took a picture of our local pharmacist handing me Gwen's first prescription...Xanax anyone??

~Karen
Our Journey to Gwen