Sunday, August 07, 2005

8-7-05

Ruby In Her Own Time...

Sometimes it's the little things that make me realize how blessed I truly am... like toight for instance... Beverly had fireworks for 'homecoming', now don't ask me what the whole deal is with homecoming... because I couldn't tell you, HOWEVER, the fireworks are done just right down the street at Dane St. Beach & it's just amazing to be able to see them from the comfort of my living room!! Looking out my window from my second story apartment is the PERFECT VANTAGE POINT for MAXIMUM FIREWORK VIEWING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way kewl since I missed them this past 4th, don't ask, I just did & I don't even remember why either. Anyhoo... so I went to my niece's birthday party today, she was very happy with the gift that I gave her, some game for her Nintendo Game Cube. We had a good day up at my cousin Andy's house & I brought my niece Stephanie back with me & she's spending the night. She's currently in the living room playing 'SIMS' on Ruby's computer & watching James & the Giant Peach on TIVO. She asked me for spaghetti & meatballs with beer bread for dinner... so that's what we had. I'm exhausted & will have to do my shot soon so this will be a short entry tonight... My niece is already curled up in my bed reading her book, "The Reptile Room" by Lemony Snicket's. I'm glad she's reading, she saw me reading today while at her sisters birthday & said that maybe she'd bring a book to my house to read tonight for our 'sleepover'. I fully encourage book reading!!! Far better than TV or computer! I'm reading 'WICKED' by Gregory Maguire. FANTASTIC BOOK SO FAR! Basically it's the Wicked Witch of the West's take on the whole 'wizard of oz' fiasco. LOL =) Very humorous thus far! Well, it's shot time, can't put it off any longer, as it is I'm already an hour off my schedule. ( I usually try to do the shot by 10pm & then go straight to sleep so as to avoid being awake for any/all side effects ) Goodnight to all & hope your weekend was wonderful!

-Amy

Check out this amazing website with videos of people's trips to China to bring home their precious babies... I cry every time I watch one... because I know I'm next! *tears*

China Movies...

No comments: