Friday, December 30, 2005

God bless her little sleeping soul!


I just had to share this with all of you... And let me preface this by saying that since the first night in China, my little Ruby girl slept through pretty much ANY NOISE KNOWN TO MAN! TV, ringing phone, traffic, screaming children in hotel hallways, shoppers passing by her carriage as her little body lay sound asleep in the comfort of her quiet corner of the world, etc... Ok, THAT SAID... Ruby barely had any naps today when normally she has two naps. One morning & one afternoon, each at least an hour but sometimes an hour & a half. Today however, she got only two very small, very short 20 minute naps... Which HARDLY is enough sleep for one so small. As you can imagine, once my girl conked out for the night she was really DOWN FOR THE COUNT! So... I just peeked in on her little sleeping body & was nearly KNOCKED OVER BY AN OH SO FAMILIAR SMELL! Good LORD did this child fill her diaper with just about everything INCLUDING THE KITCHEN SINK! So, I felt awful but knew I would not let her sleep in that! So off to pick her up I went & let me just tell you ... My beautiful little girl did not wake up ONCE! SHE SLEPT THROUGH THE ENTIRE DIAPER CHANGE WITHOUT EVEN SO MUCH AS CRACKING OPEN AN EYE!!! I cleaned her all up, zipped up her feetie jammies & laid her and Bear back down in their crib. (she had Bear clutched in her little hands when I picked her up & held onto her friend for DEAR LIFE & never let go once...) It was like this whole diaper change DIDN'T HAPPEN AT ALL! My daughter continued to sleep soundly with her friend Bear at her side. Not a peep, not a moan, just SNORING! hahahahaha I LOVE THIS KID SHE JUST ROCKS MY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO MY BABY LOVES TO SLEEP AND I'M ONE VERY LUCKY MOMMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: I almost forgot... ONE MONTH AGO TODAY Ruby and I arrived back home together! I CAN'T BELIEVE we've already been home a month! Where does the time go?? All I know is that it's been HANDS DOWN the BEST MONTH OF MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!!!!!! I know there are more to come but honestly... I have one question: WHY DIDN'T TIME FLY LIKE THIS WHEN I WAS WAITING AND WAITING AND WAITING FOR THAT REFERRAL? AND THEN THE TA? This goes out to ALL OF YOU in the midst of the 'BIG WAIT'... HANG IN THERE, I KNOW THE WAITING SUCKS BUT YOU REALLY DO HAVE A POT OF GOLD WAITING FOR YOU AT THE END OF YOUR WAITING RAINBOW! (I promise!) I'll keep you ALL in my thoughts & prayers until each & every one of you have your precious children home safe & sound in your arms!

4 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH- Soooooo sweet!!!!

Lisa

OziMum said...

A MONTH AGO!!!! Man! That has gone so fast. Gorgeous photo - love how Bear is 'watching over her'! Fingers crossed we get such a sound sleeper. It makes the whole job a whole lot easier if you're getting sleep! Take Care, and HAPPY NEW YEAR Amy and Ruby!!! (and of course Bear!)
Lee-Anne

Amy said...

No I actually gave Bear to Ruby on 'GOTCHA' day and she hasn't let go of him SINCE! It's cute to see how much she loves him and my advice to ANYONE getting a fuzzy friend for their child, BUY SEVERAL OF THEM because if they end up loving their new friend as much as Ruby loves Bear, IT'S BOUND TO TAKE A SERIOUS BEATING! Our little friend is 'washable' so I wash him often & send in a 'replacement' bear that wasn't the original I gave her in China but shhhhhh she hasn't seemed to NOTICE AT ALL! ;)
To her, Bear is Bear is Bear... her little fuzzy friend. =)

-Amy & Ruby Cate

Kim said...

I LOVE those rosey little cheeks! She is a living doll!

Kim