Wednesday, December 28, 2005

My daughter? OR a drunken sailor on leave? YOU DECIDE!!!

Ok, so no my daughter isn't 'REALLY' drunk, HOWEVER, her antics tonight beg to DIFFER because she's ALL OVER THE PLACE right now in my living room with my parents. I'm in the bedroom & all I can hear is LAUGHING & SILLINESS & GIGGLES & CLAPPING & MORE LAUGHING ETC...! So, I sneak around the corner with my trusty old camera & this is what I see:

That's my mother sitting behind her & what Ruby is doing is walking from the ottoman to my mother & back again etc...


but each time she does this when she reaches the ottoman my Mom reaches over & tickles her until she's in a fit of laughter so much so that she's...


FACE DOWN in the CENTER of said ottoman and...



... losing her balance so much so that she nearly falls off the edge corner of same said ottoman, and...


...foaming at the mouth, and...

...drooling more than my dog ever has in his ENTIRE LIFE!!! She's just SO CUTE AND SILLY TONIGHT I AM IN LOVE LOVE LOVE PEOPLE!!!!!!!! PURE INTENSE LOVE FOR SUCH A SMALL SILLY LITTLE HUMAN BEING! HOW DID I EVER GET THIS LUCKY?!?!?!?!!!!

Every night when I walk Ruby into her bedroom to gently place her sleeping body into her crib (as she's fallen asleep in my arms every night without fail since we've come home...) I whisper to her in her little ear the following:

" Ruby, Momma loves you to the moon and back and the stars and back and the sun and back and to China and back..."

and then I kiss her gently on the cheek & nuzzle her up next to her beloved friend Bear, and thank God from the bottom of my heart for such an amazing dream come true. =)

G'night my little snickerdoodle... Momma loves you soooooooo much!

-Momma

4 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

DRUNK!!!!!!!! With love...I mean, you and Nanna and Nonno are drunk with love for this little munchin....you all are lucky lucky people....Next year it will be me whisper and kissing my little Tate good night .....

G'Night
Lisa

OziMum said...

Gotta love a kid that oozes liquid from every orifice!!! It's funny, it's always cute on a kid - not so funny when I do it!!!! Lee-Anne

My Baby Ain't White said...

Heehee...lay off the Cuervo, Ruby!!

Cute, cute pics...

~Karen

PS - My Grandma used to call me "snickerdoodle" too!! *smile*

M3 said...

Adorable!!!! Love the pics and the little saying you tell her every night. I CANNOT wait to have a tiny little being I can laugh with and drool over. Oh wait, *she's* supposed to be the one drooling, right? Hehehehe.

Have fun!