Thursday, December 15, 2005

Heat Miser VS. Bang Trim...

If I say Heat Miser... to you all, do you instantly know who it is that I am speaking of? If not, perhaps this photo will be of some assistance:



He is from the 1974 Childrens Christmas Special: The Year Without A Santa Claus...

As a child I LOVED THIS SPECIAL! As an adult, IT IS STILL MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL EVERY YEAR!

Now, that said, I do NOT however want my Daughters hair to resemble that of the HEAT MISER!

Many of you probably know this already but for those of you who don't, as well as being a professional Nanny all these years, I also went to School & became a licenced Hairdresser & still can cut hair, I just don't work professionally in a salon anymore. So, this morning, as my daughter's hair was IN HER EYES EVERY SECOND, I decided that even though ultimately I would like her to have one length hair to her shoulders, for now, at her age, a slight layered bang trim was in order...


To say that my child is fantastic is certainly an UNDERSTATEMENT! This kid SAT STONE STILL FOR ME & DIDN'T MAKE SO MUCH AS A PEEP THE ENTIRE TIME I NEEDED HER TO BE PATIENT & LET MOMMA DO HER THING~! She's the BEST KID EVER and I'm SO BLESSED~! =) She now has bangs & they're cute & they don't get in her eyes and I can STILL PUT HER HAIR UP IN BOWS! ( no worries )

I even printed out that 'first haircut' pic and taped her little sprig of hair to it & put it in her 'Ruby Journal' I've been keeping for her since before I ever got her referral! =) My best friend & her Godmother Jen, got that for us & we SO LOVE THAT JOURNAL TO PIECES!



Above is an image of that picture taped into the journal & her sprig of hair is to the left of the pic ( over her right shoulder... )

I hope that someday she'll love having this journal as well as her blog, but for now I have one very cute girl waiting on the floor with her 'LITTLE PEOPLE' and just DYING to play with Momma! So I think I shall put a bow in her hair for those of you WHO ARE IN LOVE WITH THE BOWS & show you once & for all that bangs CAN WORK with BOWS! =) At least on my girl they can, cuz she ROCKS! =)









-Momma & Ruby Cate

2 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

Ruby...I guess the bows do work with bangs!!! You look BOOOTAFUL!!!!

Hugs
Lisa

Eliza2006 said...

Just when I thought she couldn't be any cuter!!! Thanks for posting so frequently. I will try to ration the pictures and only take in a few at a time. :) Now could you post a few more...I'm done with those ones!!! Thanks,

Tiffany