Monday, January 16, 2006

1st Post Placement Visit!!

Well, today was a long day but a good one. We had our first Post Placement visit with Jen Chen, my Social Worker. She's a wonderful sweet woman who brought her adorable daughter Lindsey along too! Lindsey & I met when I first began this process, she too was adopted from China many years ago, as she is now Ten! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT! I kept looking at her today thinking to myself; 'Oh my GOD, someday Ruby's gonna be 10! " and I know it'll happen in the blink of an eye. Anyway, back to the visit, it was GREAT! They visited for a little over two hours & Jen now works for Early Intervention of Massachusetts (I 'm her last case as a social worker...) Anyhoo, she said that Ruby was right on track for everything they look for! WHAT NEWS TO HEAR!!!!! I was very excited! She could not believe how much she's excelled in the two months she's been home with me! =) hehehe Excuse me while I pat myself on the back... *grin* I AM JUST SO TICKLED PINK TO HEAR THIS! The only thing she did say is that her speech, obviously is a little lacking but she heard how much she babbles & heard her say Momma & Bear so she knows that we're on the right track. And anyway, I told her " I talk ALL THE TIME! With ME as her mother, she can't help BUT TO TALK EVENTUALLY!" hehehe & she agreed. LOL

Lindsey thought Ruby was a doll & they had fun playing together while Jen & I talked details. It was a great day with a fantastic first PP visit and I'm looking forward to our second visit in March! =) Until then, we get to look forward to our next adventure, which will be New England Medical Center's Floating Hospital in Boston. Ruby has an appointment there this thursday with Dr. Laurie Miller. It's a pretty big appointment to check Ruby's complete overall health & well being. They're gonna draw blood for testing & redo ALL her Immunizations, which won't be easy on either Ruby or Momma... but it is something that has to be done. So wish us luck!

In the meantime, enjoy this beautiful picture of my precious angel all snug as a bug in bed with her best pal Bear. =)

Poor Bear, I think she's got him in a headlock of some sort! LOL
He's such a trooper!


2 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

Gorgeous Ruby Sweet Cheeks.... Great news on the PP!!!!! How can see not excell with you as the momma.... I am freaking out for you on Thursday.... I will think of her.... give tons of lovin' and comfort from me..... Why do they have to use needles???? WAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Lisa

Just Us Girls said...

Awww