Thursday, January 26, 2006

Do YOU believe?

Recently, our fellow blogger friend, Johnny commented on my Morning-Tea post with the following:

At 8:44 PM, Johnny said...

I just wanted to say that every time you post pictures of Ruby, I think of YOU. So, two questions:

1) did you believe in that whole face-matching-to-the-parents feng shui mumbo jumbo before you got Ruby?

2) If not, do you now?

We.....kinda do.


So, obviously I wanted to respond to him as I rather enjoy reading his Blog every day & find him humorous & quite adorable (shhh, don't tell his wife!) Anyhoo- I figured, rather than post a comment here, it would be nicer to maybe reply personally to him... and so I did.
He then wrote me back with the following:

Thanks for the explaination! You know...this really should be a post by you instead! (hint, hint)
So, Johnny, this post is for you & your 'hint hint' ;) I hope everyone enjoys reading it.

-Amy



Hey Johnny,

Just caught your comment on my blog and wanted to personally reply to you rather than just reply with yet another comment.
Yes, I always knew that Ruby would look exactly as she does and that we'd look similar... but it honestly wasn't because it's what 'everyone says' will happen, but because I knew it first in my heart & secondly in my dreams.
I knew Ruby way before she was ever born, before our 'red thread' was created over time & distance... Ruby was my daughter long before she ever existed on this earth. How do I know that you ask? Well, I'll tell you the following & then you tell me how I can NOT believe it...

December of 03... around Christmas time... I was 31, living on my own & knew that it was time to start thinking about becoming a mother. I called MARE (Massachusetts Adoption Resource Exchange) to ask for some information about possibly adopting an older child from the state of MA. I received a packet of info with a booklet of lots of photos of older children legally free & available for adoption. I read through them & fell in love with this little girl named Maria. (My late grandmother's name... I called her Nonna) Anyhoo, Maria was 12 and cute as can be, hispanic/mixed race & a sweet girl who loved dolls, arts & crafts, singing, school, reading, etc... she sounded adorable & I just wanted to give her a chance at a better life, SO I wanted to immediately call but it was sunday & they aren't open till monday, so I waited. That night I went to sleep & had a dream of Me and Ruby (yes, the little girl who is my Daughter now) walking through the mall and I glanced down at her full face & those big gorgeous cheeks and she smiled at me as she clung onto my finger walking happily by my side.
I woke up & knew immediately that my child was in China. I just knew...

So I called MARE & inquired about Maria & they told me that No, sorry she wasn't available as she had just been adopted a week earlier.

So, you ask if I believe in all that 'face-matching to the parents' stuff... Kinda, I mean obviously she DOES look like MY CHILD, however... I think regardless of what people say the process is & however it happens, whether it's because some woman in the matching room in China thought that Ruby & I looked alike or whether it was bigger powers at work here... the end result is the same; Ruby Looks like my Daughter because she IS my Daughter and was always destined to be my Daughter. I believe that like I believe that water is wet, like I believe that fire can burn and like I believe that I need air to breathe. I believe it with my entire being...

...and You should too. =)

7 comments:

Donna said...

What a great post and you two look so cute in the photo...so happy and content with each other. How sweet it is!

Donna :)

Eliza2006 said...

Yes, you two were meant for each other. Very sweet post and picture.

Tiffany

Lisa and Tate said...

Great post!!! You are a match made in HEAVEN!!! I'm a believer!!!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

(See Above)

Wow, you put an 'R' at the end of that person's name and it's 'Tater'. Wow. That's just amazing.

And the picture's cute too. I'm cuter, but whatev.

OziMum said...

I'm with you Amy! I've had one dream about our little one - it was so vivid - like I was really there. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking of it!!!
I got more of a 'feeling' of belong, more than looks. But like you said
She looks like your daughter - coz she is your daughter!
Lee-Anne

OziMum said...

sorry - typo -
BELONGING

There.

Now its all better.
Lee-Anne

Kim said...

What a great post! You are a match made in heaven. Julie's right...you both are cute!

Kim