Thursday, January 19, 2006

Off to Boston!! *UPDATE!!* (scroll down)

We're off to Boston in a matter of minutes!! It'll be Ruby's first time on a TRAIN! =) And Momma's first time with a child & a huge diaper bag & a carriage ON A TRAIN! lol hehehehe But hey, we have this VERY IMPORTANT appointment with Dr. Laurie Miller at the International Adoption Clinic, so we're going no matter what. =)


I'll update once we're home but it may not be till after Ruby's in bed tonight, as she's got several shots in her immediate future & poor thing doesn't even have a clue. =*(

WISH US LUCK!

-Amy

*UPDATE!!*

It's 4:36pm & it was a LONG DAY but worth every second! Ruby was MY SHINING STAR TODAY! She loved the train ride in & was intrigued by the subway (orange line)... obviously Momma took WAY TOO MANY PICTURES, and aside from the fact that they needed to take 11 vials of BLOOD (THAT'S RIGHT, 11 VIALS OF BLOOD!) from miss Ruby Cate, she was 110% A-OK! =) She really didn't even mind them sticking her with the needle, only cried for a second but it was more because we had to wake her up to take the blood, not so much because of the needle. My little girl is JUST LIKE HER MOMMA when it comes to NAPS! (They're fun to take but GOD HELP WHOEVER WAKES US UP!) hehehe
So all in all, the general concensus was that she's RIGHT ON TRACK FOR EVERYTHING! (big cheezy grin) and that the doctor was beyond amazed at the progress Ruby's made since coming home! HIP HIP HORRAY!!!!!
I am still going to schedule some Early Intervention visits to be sure that she's coming along as she should & the woman who will come to our house to do this was SO WONDERFUL WITH RUBY TODAY! So I'm pleased that I know ahead of time who it is who will be coming! =)

Anyhoo, I know that all anyone wants to see are the pics, so... HERE YOU GO... ENJOY!



Sitting patiently on the train with my best friend Bear. *kissing him*
I LOVE YOU BEAR! I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE WITH ME!



Our view from the window on the train, kewl huh! Hey Momma, is that the Zakim Bridge up ahead??



WOW!! It's pretty big in person!



Eh, I think it probably looks prettier at night when the blue lights are on, though...


Ah, here we are, NORTH STATION, BOSTON! Home of THE BOSTON GARDEN! What the heck is with this TD Banknorth crap anyway? Sorry people, I know in this day & age when everyone's tryin' to toot their own horn & get credit for stuff, a big whooptie doo bank is no exception, HOWEVER, ALL TRUE BOSTONIANS WILL FOREVER CALL THIS THE BOSTON GARDEN! So THERE! *MY MOMMA SAID SO!!!*



The Garden is home to our wonderful Boston Bruins
and let's not forget our FANTASTIC BOSTON CELTICS!!!



Oooh, it's dark down here, hey Momma, is this the subway? Oooh look here comes our train!




Yep, that WAS our train & it's even DARKER inside the car
than it was while out on the platform waiting for it!


Hey, we MUST be close cuz didn't Auntie Kris & Cousin Stephanie tell us to look for
the BIG BEAR WITH THE BLOCKS? I THINK THAT'S HIM!!!!!!



Yep!! Here we are!! New England Medical Center!!
Didn't take too long & it was fun to ride on a train!



Ugh, all this hospital stuff has really taken it's toll on me, not to mention it's pretty BORING stuff, think I'll just take a nap right here...




G'night Bear...
ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz



Above is the photo of the ELEVEN VIALS OF BLOOD they TOOK from me!
You'll notice there aren't any pics of me during that process... Momma had to wait till I was out of the room & with Nanna before the lady would let her go back in & take this quick shot of my blood... guess you're not supposed to have cameras in there but Momma insisted because it was such a BIG MOMENT for me and because I was SO BRAVE! So, the nice nurse said OK! =)



ALL DONE & WE'RE FINALLY ON THE TRAIN HEADED FOR HOME!!! =)

Bear & I had a good day despite the needle incident, everything else went great! What's that Momma? You want me to do what? Ugh, ok but I told you I won't do two shows a night ok? So, THIS IS IT!!! Now, PAY ATTENTION:


Now you see me...



Now you DON'T! hehehe I know, it is fun, but
ONCE IS ENOUGH, OK? hee hee


Ok people, show's over, move along... ;)

THANK YOU & GOODNIGHT!
Ruby has LEFT THE BLOG!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Good luck on Ruby's trip to the doctor - via train, how exciting! She is a cutie BTW!

Amy said...

hee hee, actually Ruby was treated to two cookies from the nice lady at city hall as Momma had to go straight from this appt, to there to pick up a copy of my birth certificate. LOL Ruby seemed pretty happy with her cookies & water sippy that Momma brought. Perhaps tomorrow we'll do something special as it's the 2 month anniversary of 'GOTCHA DAY' for us. =) Where has the time gone! I feel like Ruby's been with me my entire life... two months hardly seems right!

Christi and Abbey said...

These pictures are too cute! You were both very brave today, I'm concerned I may pass out in this situation. I must say too, after every Dr.'s visit my mom would take me for ice cream or the toy store, it was great!!

Donna said...

So glad that Ruby is doing so well! I hope you had time to go to FAO Schwartz while you were there...I grew up in NY and have great memories of their big Manhattan store.

Donna :)

Tammy said...

Glad to hear Miss Cheeks was such a little angel. The whole experience is harder on the parents. Ruby is such a brave little girl.

BTW, love the "Ask Nanny" forum.
Tammy
(TammyChina1)