Sunday, January 15, 2006

*Breakfast with Bear*


Ruby: "Hi, and welcome to Breakfast with BEAR! This morning's menu choices include Cheerios, organic whole milk in an avent sippy, organic apple yogurt from Yo-Baby, and apples & cinnamon oatmeal courtesy of Quaker! Come in & sit a spell!"




Bear: "hmm, what's that Ruby?"
Ruby: "be patient my friend, it's a CHEERIO! It's good, trust me..."




Ruby: "Here, you try it... I PROMISE it's good stuff!"



Bear: " MMmmm THAT WAS GOOD!"
Ruby: "Wasn't it?? I TOLD YA SO! Cheerios ROCK!"


Ruby: " Ok, so let's try you on some Oatmeal now, this was my favorite breakfast food in China and still is to this day! It's good SCHTUFF!! Give it a 'go' Bear!"
Bear: "Do I really have a choice? She's stuffing that spoon in my face!"


Ruby: " Yeah, she does that sometimes... just go with it, she means well."


Ruby: "Awww Ebenezer, don't STARE at me when I'm eating, you KNOW you get me feelin' all GUILTY n'stuff!!!"
Bear: "Ruby, if Ebby's not gonna eat those Cheerios, can I have em'?"


Ruby: "Hey Momma, THIS is what the PATRIOTS should've done more of last night, right?"


Ruby: " I know, I'm funny, but hey... it's the TRUTH! They played great ALL SEASON & then BLEW IT LAST NIGHT WHEN IT COUNTED! Well, spit happens!"
Bear: "Uh, Ruby, you're kinda squishing me down here... "


Ruby: "Ok so I guess Breakfast with Bear is over since I'm apparently hurting my friend, I think maybe it's time for Bear & I to go play with Momma!
Tune in later for MORE EXCITING ADVENTURES OF RUBY & BEAR!!"
Bear: "s'bout time! ... can you get your elbow off my head please?"

4 comments:

Johnny said...

This posting of a smiling girl in her highchair had me thinking:


Here's an interesting thought that has come to me. Do you think that she sensed or knew you were a practiced caregiver when you got her and thus acclimated to you easily? What I mean was that she must have been used to being "nannied" by (duh) nannies.

I type this to contrast this with first time parents who sometimes (like us) guess our way to the solution that makes her comfortable. So there were moments of "why don't you like it done this way" with us.

Amy said...

Excellent observation Johnny... It's true that I do have a way with kids, they've ALWAYS taken to me, strangers kids, family kids, kids of friends, kids in general, they ALL follow me around like I was the pied piper...

So, to answer your question, yes, I think she sensed that I was a 'kid friendly person', as all kids have with me my whole life.

There's nothing wrong with being a first time parent who needs to sometimes guess his/her way to the right solution for their child. Hell, I even have days when I think that I know what's best & Ruby shows me that "No Momma, I like it this way...etc" and I'm still learning too.

=)

Hope that helps!

Lisa and Tate said...

Ruby-
I am starving.... I better go see if I have some Cheerios...you can keep the Oatmeal though. Love Breakfast with Bear......

Lisa

OziMum said...

Love it! First the photo of feeding cherios to bear - next photo bear 'clearly' has a HUGE grin on his face!!!