Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Ruby's little corner of the world*... (*Updated, see clothing at bottom...)

Ok, so I've been getting emails from people asking about Ruby's room, what's it like, what colors did I pick, etc etc... so, in keeping with the saying " a picture paints a thousand words..."
I'm gonna do a little painting right now for your enjoyment...

This is the Original Bear that I gave to Ruby on 'Gotcha' day on Nov 20th, 2005. I have since retired him so as to avoid him falling apart & we have 3 replacement 'Bears' that she loves and Momma can wash them when they're filthy! (Which is every other day practically!) Also, that card with her name on it in English & Chinese was given to me while at Pearl Market buying Ruby's pearls... wasn't that sweet of the saleswoman? =)

Next, is a tour of Ruby's Bedroom... ENJOY!














And these next few pics are of outfits that I bought for Miss Ruby while in Guangzhou... things there are BEAUTIFUL & CHEAP! Remember this ladies before you travel, DON'T GO INSANE BUYING CLOTHES HERE, TRUST ME, there's far too many gorgeous outfits in china to bring home dirt cheap! =) YOUR HUSBANDS WILL THANK YOU FOR IT & FOR YOU SINGLE GALS, YOUR POCKETBOOK WILL THANK YOU! ;)


Above: Gorgeous crimson colored Linen Dress with embroidered rose accents: $4 american dollars



Red Silk Dress with lots of embroidered accents all over: $4 american dollars



Same thing with this gorgeous teal blue one, how gorgeous is that color? IT'S EVEN PRETTIER WHEN YOU'RE ONLYPAYING 4 AMERICAN BUCKS FOR IT TOO! ;) hehehe Above silk jacket was only $8 american dollars...


And finally, this gorgeous WINTER COAT was ONLY $12 AMERICAN DOLLARS!!! Seriously, please PLEASE save your money, don't give it to China Sprout for clothing, SAVE your MONEY and WAIT till you're in CHINA! The things for sale there are, as you can see, GORGEOUS & REALLY CHEAP! (kinda like me) LOL hahahahaha That's right Ruby, Momma's gorgeous & cheap! HAHAHAA Listen, I too bought things from China Sprout before I left for china & I wouldn't change it because what I bought were little dolls & a couple books I couldn't find anywhere else, but I didn't buy clothes from them & I advise anyone headed there soon to ALSO DO THE SAME. =) You'll be glad you waited! Plus, it just makes more sense to wait till you KNOW how big your child is before buying clothes... that way, you can hold the things up to them to make sure it'll be a good fit first of all, and second of all, IT'S JUST MORE FUN SHOPPING WITH YOUR PRECIOUS BABY! I know Ruby and I had a BLAST on Shaimian Island, Guangzhou!

Hope this was helpful to those of you curious about Ruby's digs'... speaking of little miss Cheeks, she's OUT COLD in bed right now... and Momma has a date with a nice steaming cup of TEA... MY FAVORITE BRAND EVER! If you've never tried it, GET YOUR BUTT TO THE STORE & PICK SOME UP, OMG YOU WON'T BE DISSAPPOINTED! *grin*

G'night all, sweet dreams!

-Amy & one very adorable, very SOUND ASLEEP Miss Ruby Cate. =)

3 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

Ahhhhhhh...so that is what Ruby's Kingom looks like!!! Now I can image this little Sweet Cheeks in her happy surroundings.... Shhhhhhhh...I won't say a word Amy...

Lisa

Donna said...

What a cheerful room she has! I love all your ladybug accents...so cute. I bet Ruby is very happy in her little ladybug kingdom.

The outfits from China are adorable...I bet they are way less expensive than ordering from Chinasprout or other catalogs. I especially like the little jacket with the fur around the collar.

Donna :)

Amy said...

Donna... you have NO IDEA how CHEAP... allow me to blow your MIND right now & keep you from wasting your money with China Sprout ( sorry China sprout, cute things but WAY TOO OVERPRICED!)

Jacket with fur: $12 american dollars
Jacket without fur: $8 american dollars
and every dress from top to bottom: $4 american dollars a piece.

SAVE YOUR MONEY & USE IT IN CHINA! =)

-Amy & Ruby Cate