Wednesday, January 11, 2006

To EVERYWHERE & back!

So I'm thinking of going to the Salem Children's Museum tomorrow & wanted to call my babies; Emma, Abi & Sam (Abi next to me, Emma right behind me & Sam in the way back) and let them know that I'd be there & maybe their new Nanny Lacey would take them so we could all meet up & have some fun together! I pick up the phone, dial their number & the following is the conversation I had with the kids:

Emma: Hello?
Me: Hi! Is this Emma?
Emma: YES! HI NANNY!!!
Me: Hey baby, how are you? Nanny misses you SO MUCH!
Emma: Nanny, Abi and I were playing with the food in the kitchen set & then Sammy came in & made a big huge mess and now the sink is full of dishes and food!
Me: Emma, that's ok ... that stuff is meant to be played with, just have fun now & be sure to pick it up before you go to bed tonight, ok?
Emma: Sammy just came into the room & then ran right back out again! I don't think he wants to say hi yet Nanny...
Me: Awwww , that's ok Emma, is Abi there? Does she want to say hi?
Emma: Nanny, I think that Lacey is coming tomorrow but maybe I could see you again soon at Kid's Stop?
Me: Sure Emma, we could plan to do that soon, that would be fun. Is Abi there?
Emma: Nanny, here's Sammy!

Sam: HI NANNY! *laughing* BYE NANNY!

(footsteps trailing off in the backround...)

Emma: Here comes Abi Nanny, I LOVE YOU BYE BYE!!

Abi: *giggling* Hi Nanny!! Um, Nanny?... I miss you!
Me: *smiling* Hi baby, I miss you too sweetie! Do you know how much?
Abi: Well I miss you to the SKY and back!
Me: Aww sweetie, I miss you to the MOON AND THE SUN AND THE STARS & BACK!
Abi: Well Nanny, I miss you to the moon and sun and stars and SKY and back!
Me: *tearing up* Aw baby, you know what? Nanny misses you to CHINA and back!
Abi: (determined not to be outdone...) Well Nanny, I miss you to EVERYWHERE AND BACK! TO ALL THE HOUSES ALL OVER EVERYWHERE AND BACK!
Me: *tears falling now* I know sweetie, I know, I love you so much too, and I miss you forever!
Abi: Nanny, tomorrow I am gonna call you and talk to you again ok? I love you so much! How's Ruby?
Me: *smiling again* Ruby's doing great sweetie! She's in bed now sleeping.
Abi: Nanny, but what did she wear today for clothes?
Me: Hmmm, let's see, I think she wore a purple striped shirt with grey stretch pants...
Abi: *audibly happy over the phone* NANNY PURPLE IS MY FAVORITE COLOR EVER!!!!!!!!
Me: I know baby, I know!
Abi: Nanny, I really miss you, I want to see you tomorrow!
Me: Abi, tomorrow Nanny is going to go to the Childrens Museum with Ruby & Kayla and Danny too. Maybe Lacey could take you all there for a little bit... ok?
Abi: OK NANNY! I WILL TELL HER IN THE MORNING!
Me: *smiling big* I love you baby, I'll talk to you tomorrow ok?
Abi: (yelling to her mom) I'm all done Momma! I don't know how to hang the phone up!
Me: Abi, it's easy honey, go slow & just take the phone & put it back where you got it from, ok?
Abi: But Nanny, I got it from EMMA! (DUH!)
Me: Ok baby, well where do you think Emma got it from?
Abi: ... from the table.
Me: Ok, now just go slow & put it gently back down on the base on the table ok? You'll be fine baby, just take your time ok?
Abi: (screaming back to her Momma) I CAN DO IT ALL BY MYSELF! ... Bye nanny, I LOVE YOU !
Me: I love you too baby, bye bye.

*click*
Me: *full of tears & pride for my beautiful little friends who I miss more than I can even put into words!!!*

EMMA ABI & SAM, I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!
TO EVERYWHERE & BACK!

-Nanny

2 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

It says a lot about you that your kiddos continue having such a loving and caring relationship with you.... But as for the Salem museum???? Won't the witches scare poor little Ruby????

Lisa

Kim said...

It's evident how much they love you. That's absolutely priceless.