Friday, January 27, 2006

Cute is Cute- REGARDLESS!!

Ok, so it's Nanny Q&A day but I only got two questions & neither person wanted to be public so I emailed my replies & figured I could use this day to do something different.... So, I'm going to ask myself my OWN question, 'Is it possible to be cute even when your hair is short?"
I know, I know, sounds silly but- (work with me on this...) it's gonna make sense in a second.




My good friend Karen from NC recently found out that her Cancer is back. I was very sorry to hear this but told her if anyone can beat it, she can as she's the toughest chick I know besides her daughter Gwen. They're both fighters & cute as buttons!
(and for the record, buttons have NO hair, yet we constantly use that saying 'cute as a button'...)
She mentioned to me that she cut her hair off, 8 inches to be exact, because she'd rather cut it off herself then wait for it to slowly fall out due to chemo. I don't blame her & I told her that she looks ADORABLE in a silk scarf wrap cuz the one she wore on Gwen's Got'cha day was just PERFECT! I also said that short hair can be JUST AS CUTE as LONG HAIR! (If her Gwen's not proof positive then I don't know what is...)

So, to show our support I thought "well I could cut my hair off too" but then I remembered that I already have pretty short hair and then as I was contemplating all this, my daughter started to witch & moan and tug at hers cuz it's ALWAYS in her face! So *lightbulb moment* I thought, perhaps Ruby could use a nice short cut so that her hair won't bother her anymore and to show our support to Karen & for everyone to see that Cute is Cute regardless of what's happenin' on our bean! So I grabbed my scissors & comb (psst, for those of you who don't know this, I used to be a licenced hairdresser, so it's not like I'm just some silly person who grabs a tupperware bowl & goes to town on my kids' hair... I actually know what I'm doing) & plopped miss Ruby in a bath & a snip here & a comb there & voila!




SEE?? Even Bear Loves the new SHORT N' SASSY Ruby!



Karen, if this isn't proof that cute is cute regardless of what's happening with our hair, then I don't know what is! Bottom line: YOU my friend are ALWAYS GOING TO BE CUTE no matter what you got goin' on that bean of yours...
a wrap or those crazy ass pippy long stocking braids... DOESN'T MATTER! =)
WE LOVE YOU GIRL! KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT & KNOW THAT YOU'RE IN OUR PRAYERS EVERY DAY!!!

LOVE ALWAYS,

-Amy & Ruby Cate
*smile*
(who is LOVING THAT HER HAIR IS NO LONGER HANGING IN HER FACE!)

8 comments:

Abby's Mom said...

I like Ruby's haircut. I also used to follow Gwens Blog before when it was still public. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family!

Lisa and Tate said...

Ruby- Cute hair and I am glad you still got the BOW thing going!!!!

Lisa

Donna said...

Great, still enough hair for a bow! Miss Cheeks looks adorable with her new do! Short and sassy!

I really hope this puts a smile on Karen's face because she can really use one now. I just feel awful about her cancer returning and have been thinking about often since I read her post yesterday.

Donna

Sandra said...

Ruby,

Your hair looks adorable!
This should put a smile on Karen's face! She has been on my mind ever since reading her news yesterday...I am pulling for her and with the support of friends like you, I know she can make it!

Sandra
http://geocities.com/sandrapeffly

Anonymous said...

Ruby's short hair is adorable. Please forward on my good thoughts and prayers to Karen. I followed her blog before she moved it. I know she can beat this!

Kim said...

I love Ruby's new 'do.

Carrie said...

I just met Ruby last night and must say that she is very adorable with her short, sassy haircut.

Tammy said...

Ruby looks adorable in her new hair cut.

Karen will be in my prayers - I was a follower of Gwen's blog too & a fellow MSN buddy. I'm terribly sad to hear that she is sick again.

Tammy
(TammyChina1)