Monday, December 04, 2006

Blue Eyes...


...Ruby is constantly coming up to me, pointing to my eyes & saying:
"blue eyes Momma..."

To which I reply: "Yes baby, Momma has blue eyes, and what color eyes does Ruby have?"

She's always quick to respond: "Blue eyes Ruby!"

Sadly, this obviously isn't the case & I gently try to explain to her that no, she has brown eyes like her Nonno, not blue eyes like Momma.
And Nanna has green eyes and Uncle Adam has hazel.
And even Bear has black eyes!

I know it's hard for a 2 year old to get it.
That even though we're all part of a family, we can still look a little different from one another.

...man, if she only knew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy, it is really hard for them to understand. Jazzie, who is now 4 1/2, thinks that her hair will turn "yellow" (blond) when she has a baby!