Sunday, December 24, 2006

I'm ok, you're ok...

...is the theme of my Christmas Eve this year.

First, let me start this post by telling you all that I'm feeling a little under the weather,
nothing major, but just enough to warrant a little extra sleep this morning and my daughter KNOWS when I don't feel so good. I don't know how she knows, but she does.

Today, I woke up at 9am.
NINE A.M.!
Upon realizing the time, I panicked & jumped up to grab the monitor
& listen in on what my girl ( who is typically up at 8am) was doing
after having been lying awake for over an hour alone in her crib...

...what do I hear?
*talking*
"Uhh Vooo Bear... Hi! No, red bwanket, puhpull one, Momma?
No, shhh Bear... nigh nigh shh...etc"

I smiled from ear to ear, how amazing is my little girl that she KNOWS that if I haven't come in to get her yet, there is a reason & she's PATIENT & waits because she KNOWS I will come in as soon as I'm up. UNBELIEVABLE!

I jump up, throw my sweats on, my hair up in a clip & grab my glasses & tip toe into her room...

...I turn the corner & she catches sight of me & says:

"Hiiiiii Momma!"
I said: "Hiiii Baby! How are you? Did you sleep well?"

She thinks for a moment & says;
"Momma, you ok?"
I about near fell over.

"Awwww honey, I'm ok baby, Momma was just tired today. Are you ok?"

her reply?

"I ok Momma... *smile*"

MAN I LOVE THIS KID!!!!!!!!





6 comments:

Abby's Mom said...

Hope you feel better soon! Merry Christmas Amy and sweet Ruby Kate!

Abby's Mom said...

Sorry I spelled Ruby Cate's name wrong! Merry Christmas!!
Jenny from waiting4abby.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

She is just the cutest!

Samantha said...

Wow she sure is a sweetheart! Must be because she has such a great momma!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet girl you've got there. Merry Christmas, you two!

Christi and Abbey said...

That is just the sweetest thing ever!