Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Smell of Matty...

...is something I just absolutely LOVE!

Whenever I see him,
whether it's for a quick minute or a lengthy visit,
he leaves his scent on me.
We hug,
there it is...
We kiss,
his scent is on me to stay...

Just like most of you all,
I'm sure you don't just wear jeans 'once'...
...I know I don't.

The same goes for winter sweaters,
although those are only a 'twice worn' option
where as the jeans are clearly more of a 3 or 4 time option.

I was at Matty's last night, visiting him & his family while Ruby slept
& Nonno was on 'monitor patrol',
and from all the hugs & kisses I received & gave,
Matty is now here with me this very second,
if not in the physical sense,
definitely in the yummy scents!

So, as I slipped my favorite cranberry sweater over my head this morning,
there it was...

...my Matty.
To just sit there & inhale him, in that moment...

...pure heaven.

His smell is around me,
on me,
near me,
part of me.

I feel like he's wrapped himself around me for the worlds best & longest hug ever.
That is a gift in & of itself...
...lest we take into account the fact that he also gave Ruby & me a Christmas gift as well.
I'm just feeling very blessed tonight...

...blessed & a little lucky too.

At night when Ruby & I give thanks for the people in our lives who make us smile,
Matty is always at the top of that list.
Thank you, Matty.
We love you, always.

-Us

No comments: