Sunday, December 10, 2006

You've heard of a 'do-over'...

...well, consider this a 'SOUP-OVER'!

Ok, so you remember that chicken taco soup I made the other night?
Well, I was bored tonight & craving it again for dinner
but didn't have the bacon SO, I fiddled with the ingredients to suit what I had in the house and OH MY GOOD GRAVY DID IT COME OUT WAY BETTER TONIGHT THAN EVER BEFORE!

Below is the new REVAMPED RECIPE and seriously,
TRUST ME WHEN I SAY TRY IT THIS WEEK!
You won't regret it!

Chicken Taco Soup... (Momma Style!)

Ingredients:
EVOO (few times around the bottom of a large soup pot)
1 Spanish onion chopped
1/2 red onion chopped
2 lg cloves garlic either minced or chopped
(tonight I chopped although normally I mince,
was just too lazy to get out the mincer again & get it dirty, it's sort of a PITA to clean!)
salt & pepper to taste
1 pkg (3 large) boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
1 box of 'TACO BELL' taco dinner kit
(contains 8 corn taco shells, 1 season packet & 1 sauce pouch)
1 large can CRUSHED tomatoes
1 & 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 brick sharp cheddar (or cheese of your choice) freshly grated
1 lime cut into wedges
small container sour cream

Directions:

In large soup pot go several times around with EVOO over medium high heat.
Chop onions & garlic & throw in.
While they're cooking, cut Chicken up into bite size pieces & add to pot, stirring occasionally.
Once chicken is almost fully cooked, add spice packet & mix well.
In another five minutes, add sauce packet & again, mix.
Then add the crushed tomatoes & chicken stock.
Stir & lower heat a bit & let cook.

Then get to work grating your block-O-cheese & set it aside.
Take the 8 corn taco shells & put into ZIPLOC bag & BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THEM till they're all crushed into bite size pieces.

In each bowl, add a hand full of corn tortilla pieces, a hand full of cheddar cheese on top & with a large ladle, gently pour piping hot soup OVER tortillas & cheese.
Squeeze a little lime all over top & garnish with a large dollop of sour cream.

SERVE & ENJOY!

Seriously, I am not a very huge Mexican fan but once in a blue moon do I REALLY get a craving for it, tonight... the moon was BLUE!

*grin*

I would've taken pics to show you all but can't find what I did with my digital camera. LOL Trust me, it looked VERY DELICIOUS & tasted EVEN BETTER!

MANGIA TUTTI!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Hope you got my email with the tips on the Sticky Bun recipe! (hoping it didnt go to your junk mail.) I also had tips for finding the round pretzels!