Friday, December 08, 2006

Strange...

...8:34pm phone rings

Me: "Hello?"
Matty: "HEY BABY! HOW'YA DOIN' TONIGHT?"
Me: (surprised) "Uh, I'm good Matty, how bout you?"
Matty: "Aw baby I'm good, listen you wanna snuggle up & watch a movie tonight? Cuz uh, I got this movie I haven't watched yet & I think we should watch it, ya know?"
Me: (me thinks he has perhaps had one drink thus far, possibly two) "Uh, sure Matty, you can come over, I'm just reading..."
Matty: (interrupting) "GREAT! So I'll be over in like a few minutes ok? All right Amy, I can't wait, here I come baby!" *click*

Now, I've been friends with Matty long enough to know that this coming over is neither A.) a good thing, nor B.) the smartest thing to do on a work night... but I digress.

So, minutes pass & nothing happens.
I call to make sure he is aware that the walk is slightly icy & to be careful when coming up the front stairs.

*ring,ring*
Matty: "Hello?"
Me: "Hey hon, it's just me, listen I was just calling to tell you..."
Matty: "Awwww c'mon Aim, you know I'm coming over right now, jeesh!"
Me: "Ah, actually Matty, I know that but that's not what I was calling, I was CALLING because I want you to be aware of the icy front walk way so as to avoid slipping & falling..."
Matty: "Aw Aim, you're a doll, do you know that? Aren't you a sweetie!"
Me: "Yes, I know... just be careful."
Matty: "I'm on my way baby!"
*click*

Now, not that I'm counting or anything but that's TWICE now that he's hung up without saying goodbye. Isn't alcohol fun?
*NOT*

I proceed to get back involved in my book I'm reading and literally maybe a minute IF THAT goes by & 'SLAM' the front door shuts, followed by footsteps up my front stairs.
*knock knock*

Me: "Come In..."

*silence*
*rustling noises like he's trying to fumble with his coat or something*

*knock knock*
(rolling eyes)

Me: "Yes Matty, COME IN..."

~Enter Matty~

(he looks incredibly adorable, smells even better than he looks & walks directly over to me (seated on the couch with my book) and reaches down, grabs me in a hug & kisses my cheek & says "Hi Baby! I'm so happy to be here, I'm in such a good mood tonight!"

Me: "Yes, I noticed..."
Matty: "Ok so look I have this movie (pointing to movie) but we don't have to watch it if you don't want to, I really just wanted to hang out with you and it doesn't matter what we do really. Although we probably should watch the damn thing since I've had it for like days & I brought it with me to Jack's house but we never fuckin' watched it either so maybe it's a sign, maybe it's a shit movie & we shouldn't watch it either. Hey do you still have those Dane Cook CD's? Let's go curl up in your room & just shoot the shit while listening to him, he's a funny fucking bastard isn't he Amy? *hugs me again* BABY YOU'RE SO CUTE TONIGHT, I'M SO HAPPY TO BE HERE! Did I tell you I'm in like the best mood?"

(this run on sentence continues for what was probably the longest ten minutes of my life...)

Me: "Ok, well why don't we go curl up in my room & chat, I'd love to finish listening to Dane Cook, you know I love listening to him with you.
Matty: "Awwwwww, you do honey, really?"
Me: "Yes, you know that. Ok so let's go..."
(grabbing his hand to lead him into my room, he's fairly steady on his feet, perhaps I've misjudged him, perhaps he really is just in a good mood, who knows... )

*enter my bedroom*

Me: "Ok, do you remember where we left off, cuz I don't"
Matty: "Oh I dunno, fuckin just play it from anywhere, it's all good!"
Me: "Ok..."
(playing DC's CD's *grin I love saying that* hehehe and getting comfortable sitting on the bed)

We spend at least an hour or two listening to his comedy but when I say to you that the run on sentence didn't stop for Dane Cook, I'm not kidding.

Matty was REELING on life, not sure why, not sure what caused it, but he was just in a good mood. He was sweet, held my hands almost the whole time, kissed me a few times on the forehead, cheeks & lips but all gentle sweet kisses.
(the kind that girls remember more so than the sloppy 'typical guy' kisses, ya know?)
We get all toasty & he literally talked the entire time, about lots of things (most of which I forget already, thanks MS, always lookin' out for me *grr*)

We lay there just relaxing, he finally slowed his mouth down & then within seconds of stopping talking, he fell asleep.

Nice, so here I am listening to Dane Cook (who, by the way, is the funniest fucking bastard on the face of the planet *next to my JACK BLACK* when you can actually HEAR HIS JOKES because nobody is trying to TALK OVER HIM) and Matty's sound asleep and so I just curl up with him a little & let him zonk out for a few because I have this feeling that he just needs to rest before I send him home. I know he has to work in the morning & I know how early he gets up, but a little cat nap here curled up with me can only help him in the long run.

10:45pm *Matty slowly wakes up*

Me: "Hey, you ok?"
Matty: "What fuckin' time is it?" *groggily searching my bedroom for a clock*
Me: "It's quarter of 11. You ok to drive home?"
Matty: "Yes Amy, I'm fine I just gotta get home & get to bed, I have to work in the fuckin' morning..."
Me: "Ok, c'mon, I'll walk you out..."

*walking to living room*

Matty: *hugging me* "Aim, you're the best you know that? I love you"
Me: "Matty, I love you too... and you're not so shabby yourself. Now drive safe & get to bed."
Matty: "I'll talk to you tomorrow k?"
Me: (knowing that I won't talk to him again till probably next week sometime) "Ok luv, you got it..."
Matty: "G'night Amy, thanks for... uh, thanks."
Me: "You're welcome hon... g'night"

And that was that & here I sit relaying it all to you people...

...just like I said; Strange.

3 comments:

Elyssium Earth said...

Are we talkin' LOVE love?? And who is this Dane Cook creature? she asks from way down under?

Amy said...

DANE COOK IS HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's a local comedian from right here in Massachusetts! AND HE'S SO FUNNY YOU'LL WET YOUR PANTS! Go out & rent his 'VICIOUS CIRCLE' HBO special, or better yet, BUY IT! Trust me, you'll watch it OVER AND OVER AND OVER and die laughing every time as if it were your first! I LOVE HIM! And as far as Matty goes, yes... I love him, but no I am not IN love with him, although I suppose anything is possible right? Time accomplishes many things...

Anonymous said...

Matty sounds like he was on speed. I'd be careful.