Thursday, December 07, 2006

Headaches & Toddlers...

...are a regular part of my daily life it seems.
Every morning at 7:15am, twins arrive screaming & raring to go as Ruby & I, still somewhat in comas from the night before, slowly rouse out of bed to hear them in the pack & play in my living room, inevitably fighting over some toy their mother has tossed in there to keep them contented until I go in to start our day.

I don't know if it has much to do with how I gave myself my shot last night or what, but I have THE WORST HEADACHE today that I think only my friend Karen can understand.
As is with her treatment, she gets frequent headaches that are far more severe than mine I'm guessing but if I were a betting woman, I'd bet mine, today, is running a close second.

It's funny, as much as I love my job, I have days when I wonder quietly to myself if anyone would mind if this Nanny HIRED HER OWN NANNY to come in & help with damage control...

...the pay is lousy but I'll feed your ass.

Anyone... anyone... Bueller?
*sigh*

4 comments:

My Baby Ain't White said...

Wait a sec...did you say feed my a**?

Hmmm, yeah. I'll work for food, especially your risotto and some of that yummy limoncello!

~Auntie Karen

Michelle said...

Bring on the risotto, and you've found your girl! Plus, any chance to hang with you and Karen is worth it.

Hope you're feeling better quickly. Let's chat soon.

Anonymous said...

OK, all this talk about limoncello really intrigues me!!! I recently saw Giada make that stuff on Food Network. It looked yummy!

Amy said...

Giada doesn't have a handle on our FAMILY RECIPE for Limoncello. LOL Only family members & very VERY few other TRUSTED friends know it. But once given the recipe, they have to promise to keep it with them & never PASS IT OUT! Trust me, even though I don't drink, anyone who's ever had the pleasure of enjoying the "S" family Limoncello, always comes back for more. =)

Giada can kiss my CABOOSE! Anyways, how do any of you trust that woman as a cook? SHE'S SKINNY AS A RAIL! Trust me, if your food is good, YOU'RE GONNA EAT IT TOO! That girl hasn't seen a proper meal since 1978 ! I see her & I feel compelled to FEED HER! lol